Shuichi

Shuichi x Taller Male Reader

No Killing Game
or it could be after they escape but..

Oh and btw Saihara is Shuichi's first name for anyone confused
———

I was waiting for Shuichi in front of the festival's main attraction. He said he was going to run a little late so I wasn't too worried.

"Y/n! Sorry I'm late."

I looked up at the voice and saw Shuichi. He was wearing a dark black, blue, and white yukata.

"No worries Saihara, let's go?" I asked as I interlocked my arm in his.

We were walking through the festival's stands, before Saihara started pointing at a booth and dragging me along.

It was those rigged games in which you throw a ring and hope it lands around one of the dolls.

"Here you go sir, goodluck." The lady working there said to Saihara after he bought five rings.

He grabbed his rings and started to toss them.

Miss.
Miss.
Miss.
Miss.

"Aw crap, this is my last one." Saihara said sounding frustrated.

I chuckled in response to his child-like behavior.

"What's so funny y/n? Why don't you try." He retorted.

"Alright fine, but I'm not the best at this games."

I grabbed the ring from Saihara and got myself in position. I could feel his stare piercing through the back of my fundoshi.

I sweatdropped and started to prepare my toss. I threw the ring and it latched onto the doll, before I could cheer it somehow bounced off and fell down.

"No that's rigged!" I heard Saihara say, making me chuckle.

Of course I knew all of the games here were rigged, but I wasn't going to ruin his experience.

I rubbed the back of my neck and walked back up to him. "Looks like it might be, I bet it's just this stall though let's continue."

We continued to walk through the crowd and would laugh at all of the teenage couples vigorously making out.

I could smell takoyaki coming from my right and I'm sure Saihara could aswell.

"Hey you wanna go over there?" I asked him, pouting to the fresh takoyaki stand

Saihara nodded as he joined me in buying takoyaki.

We ordered one takoyaki box for the both of us to share.

"Wow, this is really good." Saihara said.

I admired how cute he looked while eating food until I noticed a bit of sauce next to his mouth.

"Hold on Shuichi, stay still." I moved my thumb over to where the sauce was and wiped it off.

"Oh- sorry I didn't realize.." Saihara said sounding and looking embarrassed.

"Cmon let's go to that booth over there, that's more of my game." I said dragging Saihara along with me.

We stopped in front of a basketball booth. When I was back in America I used to play a bit of street basketball.

I gave the man working there 350 yen (about 2 USD).

He gave me 3 basketballs to start off with, if I made all 3 in I would get another 3.

"Goodluck y/n." Saihara said.

I looked back at him with a smile. "Perhaps a good luck kiss would help me?"

"Ah?! Y-y/n not here..!" Saihara said sounding flustered as he frantically flared his arms around.

"Aw please.." I said pouting.

Saihara walked up to me and placed a quick peck on my lips. If we weren't in public I would've made that kiss last a whole lot longer.

He looked down to the ground shyly, "You better win."

I took the first basketball and shot it into the hoop. I was hoping this game wouldn't be rigged so I could try to impress Saihara.

Swoosh

"Yes!" I said as the first ball went in. I definitely got this game down.

Swoosh

Another one.

Swoosh

"Oh yeah 3 for 3 baby!" I said cheerfully.

"Great job y/n!" Saihara said smiling.

"Congratulations, would you like to test your luck and try to get 6 in and win a bigger prize or leave now with a smaller prize." The man working there said while trying to cover his dissapointed look on his face with a fake smile.

"I think you should just take it." Saihara told me.

Yeah sorry, no. It's either all or nothing.

"I'll take the next three."

I could sense Shuichi mentally face palm as I asked for more, he knew about my competitive demeanor when he went out with me, so this should be no surprise.

Once again I shot in the next three and they all went through.

"Wow! Y/n you did it." Saihara said sounding amazed.

'Has he never made a basket before or maybe i'm just that awesome. Yeah it's definitely that.'

I chuckled in response. The man working there asked me which prize I would like to choose from.

"Hmm.. not sure, Saihara why don't you pick?" I asked looking at him while pointing back at the prizes.

"Then maybe that one." Saihara said as he pointing at a huge light brown bear.

"Then that one it is."

We continued to play games at different stalls and eating all sorts of Japanese snacks. Saihara was still eating his chocolate covered banana as we went to the main attraction.

We were standing in front of a shrine in order to say/ give our blessings. (i'm not too sure on how Japenese shrines work). I wasn't sure if I was supposed to but I made a wish, which was a bit corny but I truly hope it comes true.

"Y/n, look.." I heard Shuichi say.

I opened my eyes and first looked at him and then the sky. The firework show was starting. Shuichi dragged me by the arm and we followed the crowd that was going towards the flat grass area where you're able to see the fireworks better.

I could hear the murmurs and wows coming from the crowd.

"Sai, follow me."

I held his hand as I took him to a more secluded spot. When I was younger my parents would take me and my siblings here in order to get a better view of the fireworks.

I brought him to an open area with a massive rock that you could sit on. He sat down first and I followed along, scooting myself further behind him.

"The fireworks are so beautiful.." Saihara trailed off.

I agree.

I looked away from the fireworks and at Shuichi's eyes. They were brimming with the light from the fireworks and I saw pure joy in them.

I watched the reflection of the fireworks bouncing through his eyes, his body glowing from the radiant colors, and the night breeze blowing his hair in the wind.

Shuichi turned around and smiled at me with closed eyes.

And in that moment there was no light in the world that could shine as brightly compared to the light in his beautiful eyes.

"I love you, Shuichi Saihara."