New Teacher

I slowly opened the door of the principals office.

"We have been waiting for you, Ms. Kim, no, I mean Ms. Harter."

I shrugged when I heard the word Harter come out from his mouth.

"Sir...I am sorry...who are you and how did you know all of this...?"

"Me? You ask? I am the new principal for Sky Middle School. There were interesting things on your DNA test results, Ms. Harter."

Holy shit.

I looked down. I didn't want to talk. I just wanted to go back home.

"Kind of a surprise, isn't it? The last heir of the Harter, known for their powerful ability, just goes to a local middle school, "he said, laughing.

I put my hands in my pocket. I can sense my gun. I slowly touched it, grabbed it.

"Any words, Ms. Harter?"

"So, I'm kicked out, right?" I said in a small voice.

He gave me a dirty smile.

"No no no Ms. Harter. You haven't made any problems. Why do we need to kick you out?"

After that, he called someone.

A young woman looked at her in her 30s, followed by a man in his 40s, who came into the room.

"Have you ever met them, Ms. Harter?"

"No.....sir..."

"Then let me introduce them. This is Selena Park, your new homeroom teacher. And that man over there is Chris Lee, who is the head of the 3rd grade teachers."

I froze quite a bit. I don't know why he is introducing them to me.

"Here, Selena is also my daughter." He said, smiling.

"They are the only people who know that you are Emma Harter. Why don't you follow them for a quick chat?"
He said, with a dirty smile, again.

"Follow me, Emma" Ms. Park said with a nervous voice.

I slowly sat up and walked towards them. Their eyes were shaking when I got closer. I mean, who wouldn't be nervous when a person with superpowers comes toward them?

I followed them to the 3rd floor, where there was a small room for meetings. The man, no, I mean, Mr. Lee opened the door and said to me to come in. I walked inside the room and sat on the small chair in the corner.

"Want to drink anything? Juice? Or do you drink coffee?" Ms. Park asked.

"Coffee is okay for me," I said.

"Okay, then. Wait for a while." Ms. Park said.

She left the room to get coffee. After a while, she came back with 3 cups of black coffee. She handed on to me and another one to Mr. Lee.

"So, why don't we introduce ourselves first? I'm John Lee, 45 years old, I am a dad, and I teach science." She then gave a quick look at Ms. Park.

"I'm Selena Park, 28 years old. I am your homeroom teacher, and I teach literature. Let's have a good year together."

She smiled a little bit while saying that. I kept quiet, with a cold face.

"I am...."