Sound

Tony took me to a local restaurant nearby. He ordered his food and mine.

"So, what's that thing that you wanted to talk about?"

"Well..ummm....I went to school today"

I could already feel the anxiety that Tony had in his face.

"But...why? I mean, it is still vacation"

"Long story or a short one?" I asked him.

"Emma, tell me everything that  happened." Tony said in a stern voice.

"okay... Last year December, a new principal arrived at school and suddenly did a DNA test."

"What??????You serious? An DNA test?" Tony said with disbelief.

"Yeah... And the problem we mort feared had come to real life. The principal, my 3rd grade homeroom teacher, and the head of the 3rd grade teacher called me. They told me that they will keep the secret and made me continue attending school."

Tony stayed silent for a few minutes. I kept playing with my noodles when Tony opened his mouth.

"So, 3 people in that school knows that you are Emma Harter?"

"Yeah."

"And you are attending school again?"

I nodded at him.

"Okay Emma, this is a huge problem. You should really control yourself well. They might use you as a bait. Testing your powers and use them on their side. That is the number 1 thing we don't want to get into."

Tony's face was very stern and cold. I have never seen his face like this in my whole life.

" That means more training. I'll find you a trainer."

I frowned a little bit while he said like that. But it is for my good, though.

Tony stuttered a little bit while he tried to say something.

"Emma, there is something I hide from you from the last 2 years. Do you remember when you told me you controlled someone with your voice, right?"

Tony's word flashed back the memory I had hidden for ages. It happened when I was in 2nd grade. This boy in my class made fun of how I looked. I became furious and shouted at him to shut up his fucking month. But, surprisingly, he did. He became quiet. Quiet as hell. I told Tony about this after class, and his response was simply, "You'll know further".

"Emma, there is this thing called The Sound. It is a special talent that only pure Harter has. It is a power to control somebody with its voice. So that time, you said to shut up to a boy in your class, you used the sound without noticing it."

The Sound. The power to control people. So I was right. I controlled the boy.

" Tony, but why did you keep this as a secret? "

" Emma, people that can use THE Sound have so much power. They use it in a bad way, killing off humanity. Adrian told me to never teach you this, but since the situation right now is terrible as hell, you need to know how to use them"

Tony have a sad look at me.

"Tony.. I'm sorry. I didn't want the situation to go this bad..."

Tony smiled at me.

"Emma, maybe this could be a new start. You have been hiding yourself and lived with the name of Ellis Kim. Now you have the chance to tell them who you really are."

Tony finished his plate and I also did. We left the restaurant and Tony followed me to my apartment.

" I'll meet you in front I of the training center next Tuesday. Until then, bye"

Tony smiled as I walked inside my apartment.