Explosive Reunions

What is art? What was this guy on about now?

Kazuma resisted the urge to sigh and began to come up with a response to avoid rattling this apparent madman.

"Maybe... Something beautifully crafted? Like a painting or a sculpture? People put that stuff on display."

It was a boring answer, but Kazuma had never thought about art that deeply before. There were museums and galleries in his old world that praised such items as eternal pieces of art.

Did this world even have museums?

"Sigh... Another dud, huh? My man Sasori would have appreciated your answer though."

The man said with a tone of disappointment before looking up at the sky once more.

Kazuma's brow twitched irritably. Who was this guy with an obvious screw loose to call him a dud after asking such a random question out of nowhere?

"I've traveled to various parts of this kingdom, met a lot of fools who had no appreciation for art. I blew up one town to open their eyes was and I was marked a criminal. Again. It's the same in every world, I guess."

He continued with a dry chuckle at the end.

Hang on. This guy just said some really scary things just now. Leaving the obvious act of terrorism aside for now, what did he mean by "every world"? Was this guy a "player"?

Was he about to get mixed into something troublesome again?

'My vacation...'

Kazuma turned away while fighting back tears. He had to escape... But how? He had to keep him talking, let him distract himself. Then, Kazuma could activate his Lurk skill and sneak away.

"You'll have to excuse me, I'm not very educated in such things. What is art to you?"

Kazuma asked while leaning back as naturally as he could. This seemed to spike the man's interest as his visual eyebrow rose curiously.

"Oh? Are you by chance willing to learn about true art? I suppose there's hope in you yet, kid. My name is Deidara, a General of the Demon King's Army. To me, art is something that is fleeting. Something beautiful for only a moment before it glimmers away..."

The now named Deidara revealed, causing all of the color in Kazuma's features to pale. The general raised one of his hands out of the water, and he seemed to be holding something in his palm.

"Is that a bath toy? Aren't you a little old for those?"

Kazuma asked out of reflex before he could stop himself, prompting the blonde to halt in his movements.

'Wait wait wait. Who cares about what he's holding! A general? Did he say general just now!? I need to get out of here!'

Kazuma's mind raced as he considered all of his options as means of escape.

Eyebrow twitching in annoyance, Deidara continued to raise the animal shaped object in his palm.

"This is no toy! This is art! For true art... is an explosion!"

Deidara shouted and tossed the bath toy into the air-

Earlier...

"Wait, what!?"

Naruto barked upon hearing some outrageous information.

After successfully escaping the angry mob of Axis Cultists, Naruto and Aqua had spotted Cecily in the alleyways below. The nun had then led them to what she called her "Axis Order Revolutionary Hideout", which was essentially a small storage shed behind the Axis Cathedral at the highest point in the city.