Catching a Break in this Beast Haven

"Nuzloft... That's an interesting name for a village."

Darkness commented after reading the sign that was posted at the foot of the hill.

"We have to climb that hill? But I'm so tired... Naruto, can you carry me the rest of the way please?"

Aqua, who was currently being carried by the shinobi piggyback, asked while batting her eyelashes.

"Aww... Of course not, Aqua."

Naruto responded with a gentle smile.

Aqua gaped and was about to complain, but the blonde faked a movement as if to drop her and she panicked.

"Wahh! Okay! Okay! I'll walk! Please don't drop me!"

With a disgruntled Aqua now off his back, Naruto walked up to Darkness and looked up the hill.

There was a path lined out by stones that led to the top where small, protruding structures and smoke could be seen.

"Finally... Alright, let's get this over with so we can go home."

Kazuma, who was covered in bug guts and bruises, started making his way up the trail. He really needed a bath.

As the group made their way up the hill, the sounds of voices and ferocious snarling grew louder.

"Wow..."

Upon reaching the top, Kazuma voiced the group's thoughts as they marveled at the sight in front of them.

The village consisted of numerous huts and cottages, with a large tent located at the center of it all. In the village square, a lively showcase of man and beast was currently undergoing. Music played, and various species of monsters moved to the command of their respective tamer.

A Fire Salamander was creating shaped flames in the air to which a flying serpent fearlessly dove through. A One-Shot Bear wrestled with a Nido-Rabbit as onlookers cheered on the beast they likely wagered on. In the outskirts of the village, people raced on Lizard Runners and various other creatures in a lined formation.

In fact, they were heading straight for-

"Look out!"

The lead rider, a young boy with jet-black hair and red eyes, shouted at Kazuma who had just stepped onto the dirt track

"Wah!"

Realizing his mistake, Kazuma yelped as the beasts were nearly upon him. Thankfully, he was yanked back by Naruto at the last second as the monsters stomped past them.

"Interesting place to put a monster track... You alright, Kazuma?"

Naruto commented incredulously before helping his friend up.

"Not one full minute in this place and I nearly got trampled..."

Kazuma grumbled as he dusted himself off, only to groan when his hands were then stained by monster blood. If this wasn't a flag, he didn't know what was.