Saying Goodbye to the City of Mizuru!

Splash!

A bucket of cold water was poured over Deidara's head, causing the man to wake up in a coughing fit and shivering.

"Cough! Cough! Huh...? Ah, looks like I was captured."

Deidara deduced as he took in his surroundings, which seemed to be a dark and closed off room. A bunker? He was bound to a chair and could feel that all of his clay had been stripped from his form.

Well, almost all of it. The fools failed to find the Storage Seals that he kept under his fingernails.

The last thing he remembered was briefly scrapping with the Kyuubi before everything went black. An icy cold black.

Looking into the eyes of his captors, which consisted of the nine-tailed brat, Kazuma, and the Crimson Demon girl, Deidara smirked in remembrance.

"Haha! What amazing art, Crimson brat! Knocked me right out of the sky! What was your name again?"

"My name is Megumin! Be sure to remember that name, he who walks down the same difficult path as I."

Megumin fired off without missing a beat. Her eyepatch was back in place, drawing all focus to her visible orb that was glowing fiercely.

"Finally... Someone who gets it. This path is a difficult one indeed. Everywhere we go, our art is ridiculed. Those fools! They fear what they cannot comprehend!"

Deidara stated, with the Crimson Demon nodding her head sympathetically.

Naruto stepped forward, not wanting those two to resonate anymore than they already had.

"Hard path my ass. You leveled an entire city. You're lucky there were only minor injuries this time around. If you'd hurt another one of my friends..."

The shinobi snarled and his eyes began to glow a blood red that would have made any Crimson Demon proud.

Naruto seemed to have some bad history with this nutjob, so Kazuma cautiously stepped in between them.

"Luckily no one was killed in the end, besides my dignity.... Anyways, it's a shame the Axis Cult headquarters was destroyed, but I assume Megumin knew everyone had been evacuated before using her spell, right?"

Kazuma asked and he and Naruto turned to Megumin, who averted her gaze.

"Y-yes... Of course I knew before detonating my sure-kill magic."

The little girl stuttered with a robotic while failing to meet their eyes.

...She did know that the building was evacuated. Right?

Right?

"So what happens now? You know I'm a Demon King Army General, and you're clearly adventurers working for the Kingdom of Belzerg. Turn me in for the reward? Or kill me first for revenge?"

Deidara asked all while smirking at the jinchuriki maliciously.

Naruto knew the guy was just trying to rile him up, and he was frustrated with himself because it was working. Taking in a deep breath, Naruto walked up to Deidara and placed his hand on the back of the chair while grinning ferally.

"We're gonna turn you into the authorities... But first we're going to ask you some questions about the Demon King."

Naruto responded, but the ex-Akatsuki member seemed unfazed by the implications of torture and even had the audacity to yawn in the whiskered teen's face.

This struck a nerve in the former Leaf shinobi, but thankfully Kazuma interjected again before Naruto lost his temper.

"You said something about the Demon King wanting to destroy this city and its inhabitants. But I remember Wiz telling us that the Demon King swore not to kill civilians during the war in exchange for her part in upholding the barrier around his castle. Is he turning his back on their deal?"