Leaving the hell hole

Jherico

I was sitting there wide eyed waiting for the dog to maul me to death when the dog got distracted by something coming from up the street. Realizing that the dog was distracted I jumped up and ran. As I was running I saw a truck so I jumped on it and that's when I heard someone behind me scream "HELP!" I turned around to see a boy not much older than me reaching a hand out to me asking to pull him up onto the truck. I looked behind him and saw some guards chasing him. 'Maybe he's a criminal?' I thought. BUt in the end I hesitantly grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the truck.

The boy was very sweaty . He had posh clothes on so I assumed he was from royalty or those of wealth. He suddenly spoke to me after catching his breath. "I'm Stive." He said.

Stive

I could hear the shouting coming from behind me. I was running down the main street desperate to get away from my house, my parents and the guards. I saw a kid, a boy a little bit older than me although it was hard to tell with his scrappy clothes on but I saw him jump onto the back of a moving truck so I decided to run faster to try and catch up with him. I finally caught up with the truck but it was still moving and speeding up, ¨HELP!¨ I screamed as my lungs were slowly dying. The boy turned around to look at me. ¨Please." I cryed. I had a few stray tears trickling down my face, my lungs were about to give up and so was I. The boy finally Grabbed my outstretched hand and hulled me up on the truck. I wiped away the tears and caught my breath and after a few minutes I told him my name.

"Hi I'm Stive." I said. "Hmmm, Jherico." He replied. I had a proper look at his face, it had dirt and grim everywhere which made me wince. My parents would definitely not approve of him. His clothes looked like absolute rat shit, like he had washed them in mud and then it hit me. He was homeless, he lived on the streets. I guess I had been staring for too long and the boy - Jherico cleared his throat. "So... why were the guards after you? Did you do a muder or war crimes?" He asked.