14

THE NEXT MORNING:

marjorie and reece woke up at 5:10am. and so did carly. much to her dispute.

"morning reece, how are you?" 

"fine, just knackered haha"

marjorie looked out of the window. not one single light was one, other than the street lights of course. they were the only ones awake in the whole city. atleast, thats what it seemed.

reece had a wash and chucked his clothes on.  he wore his favourite jumper and dark-blue jeans. he quickly brushed his hair and he was ready.

marjorie had a quick shower and went to get dressed. she wore a pink short-sleeved shirt and black jeans. the final thing she did was her hair and makeup.

"marjorie you dont need makeup you are beautiful" reece smiled.

marjorie blushed.

"can you keep it down in there for god sake it is half past 5 in the morning. i am
knacked." carly rolled her eyes. reece just simply laughed.

"someone woke up with an attitude." reece chuckled.

by 5:40 they had someone gotten carly to get ready, put all of her stuff into the car. reece always went to the costa before work. he bought him and marjorie a latte, and carly a hot chocolate with sprinkles. he also bought 3 pain au chocolats.

"oi i wanted a coffee" carly rolled her eyes.

"carly, 12 year olds cant have coffee" reece said.

"im 17!"

"i was close enough." reece smirked.

marjorie laughed. they all sat and ate. she was proud of reece and carly. it was good too see them eat.

at 6:00, reece dropped carly off at his nursery. and then at 6:05 he got to marjories nursery. they got oit of the car and spoke for a minute.

"reece, im so proud of you." marjorie looked into his eyes.

"why now, marjorie" he giggled. he felt like she was always telling him how proud she was. but reece liked it, so he didnt complain.

"because you ate today. reece you dont understand how guilty i feel after yesterday for not realising about what has happened to you." marjorie smiled.

"sweetheart. i want to spend the rest of my life with you." reece was sad that marjorie felt guilty but he loved it at the same time. it showed she loved him. and he felt so happy about that.

"goodbye my love" marjorie said that and kissed him on the cheek.

———————————————————

for thhe first time ever, marjorie wasnt the first at the nursery. charlotte was waiting in reception.

"hey marjorie! are you okay?" charlotte asked

"yes thank you, come on lets go in. i will help you set up"

"awhh thank you" charlotte smiled.

they headed first into the baby room. not much was needed yo be done in there. it was , more than less, always tidy. they just cleaned the bottles and changed the blankets. then in the toddler room they only had to tidy up. they picked up toys, and wiped up the tables. and finally, the preschool room was the messiest. they picked up all off the loose blankets, and placed the toys into the boxes. by 6:50 the whole nursery was ready to open. in that time, sorscha, jodie, winter and autumn all had arrived.

———————————————————

marjorie headed into the office. autumn was already waiting there.

"hello marjorie. how was last night.?" autumn hoped marjorie wouldnt do that awful lying she does. especially when it was something obvious she had done.

"nothing, because carly stayed over." marjorie rolled her eyes, jokingly.

"no way. i guess my brother wasnt too pleased."

"well it was a good night, we baked and ate pizza. and then we watched a scary film and i was screaming like a little girl."

"so you stayed at his house, and didnt have se-" autumn couldnt finish her sentence.

"AUTUMN! just because i stayed the night doesnt me we did anything. plus there was a minor in the building. i dont think anyone would even kiss within the proximity."

"i would." autumn did the smile and eyebrow raise she always does.

———————————————————

charlotte entered the office, looking quite panicked.

"marjorie i have just found a note in clarissas bag. it says 'help us' with her mothers signature."

"oh god." marjorie said. "wait until she comes to pick up. when is close time, bring clarissa in here. i will do handover."

———————————————————

5pm came. both of clarissas parents arrived at the door. marjorie placed winter and autumn on the office door. and charlotte was in the office with clarissa.

"hello! today im doing handover. oh! you." marjorie pointed towards her dad.

"me?"

"yes you. i need a big strong man to help move the fence in the garden. and dont worry. i wont let her out of my sight." marjorie did a degrading smile.

"oh okay." he went into the garden.

"can you follow me into the office please. dont worry. you are safe." marjorie smiled.

they headed into the office. and there was clarissa and charlotte. charlotte sat and spoke to her mother about how had found the note. meanwhile, marjorie had clarissa sat on her lap.

then, marjorie spoke to her about the legal documents. he police were on there way currently. as soon as she said that, an officer knocked on the door and took them too the station.

"thank you charlotte for telling me." marjorie smiled.

"i had to marjorie. the fact of clarissa and her mother being unssfe reallu unsettles me."

"anyway char, its 7pm so you can head off home. goodbye!"

"bye marge!"

———————————————————

marjorie shut down the nursery for the night and by 7:30 reece came to pick her up.

"hello you" reece winded down his window "hop in"

marjorie sat in the car and they drove to the shop. as he drove he had his hand on marjories thigh. she had said it before, and she was saying it again. reece looked so hot whilst he drove. it sent shivers down her spine.

"so anything interesting happen today" marjorie said.

"nope, what about with you."

"other than saving someone from an abusive relationship. not really" marjorie smirked.

"oh well done! id love you to be my superhero-" reece was interuppted.

"reece i have been in the car 10 minutes and you are ready making jokes like that!" marjorie laughed.

they arrived at the shop. reece bought some lemonade and crisps. there love language.

after that they began driving to reeces place. it took 20 minutes from the shop. marjorie got out the car, followed by reece. they smiled at the receptionist and headed to the top floor. reece grabbed the keys and unlocked the door. it was going to be a long night

———————————————————

im not going to write lots of smut in the next chapter. only really cuddling and kissing just because i dont feel comfortable writing it. if you know what i mean.

also sorry for realising this later than i normally do. i will try stick a sceduele of around 9am on weekends and 5pm on weekdays!

1177 words ♡