two

ava

Harry's eyes were not filled with lust, but with pure curiosity. His face scrunched into this cute pout, his eyebrows curled awaiting my answer.

"I don't think that would be best, Harry." I sent him the sweetest smile I could, patting his thigh for the smallest reassurance, if he even needed any.

"Why not? Please master," he mewled.

Harry scooted his bottom closer to me, grabbing my hand gently to rest on his thigh with his own. He then leaned into me, our shoulders grazing one another.

His persistence was entertaining to say the least. He became so comfortable around me within these few moments like he's known me all of his programmed life. I suppose I am all that he's ever known besides other machines.

"Thank you, Harry. How about I make some food or something, i'm starving." I stood up to walk into the kitchen without any objection from him.

My kitchen connects through my living room, giving me the ability to see what Harry was doing. He looked confused, like the gears in his mind were quite literally moving a mile a minute.

I begin to grab a few vegetables from the drawer of my fridge and gather around my cutting board and knife.

As I begin to chop a cucumber my mind wanders deeper into all of this. The idea of a humanoid sėx robot induced a different kind of fear in me than any other. These robots looked like any other person off the street, how could anyone make out who was who? Is there anyone else that isn't comfortable with communicating robots, that are pretty damn smart might I add? Or is this just as normal as the iPhone six plus that a child has the capability of owning? My angst grew, subconsciously tapping my fingers along the counter.

Sure, Harry was cool and different, but I couldn't keep him. If I didn't even have the intent in the first place of purchasing him, what's the point in having him? Surely someone out there genuinely wants a Love Bot and can use Harry to his full potential.

"Master Ava?" A low hum buzzed in my ear, breaking me out of my thoughts.

Harry's hands were behind his back awaiting patiently right beside me. His green eyes blinked repeatedly with his head slightly tilted.

"Yes Harry?" I timidly asked, continuing to chop the next vegetable.

"You don't want me, do you?" he questioned lightly in the air.

His attention was focused solely on my hands grabbing, chopping, scooping. I slowly stopped and placed the knife down, wiping the excess on my jeans.

"Now when did I say that?" I challenged, matching his exact stance that was a bit sad and lanky.

"I can tell by your body language. The way your voice tone raises in the slightest every time you speak to me, the way your face contorts when I touch your skin, and the way you're avoiding my suggestions of sexual activity by busying yourself."

"None of that is true," I chided.

"But it is?" He perplexed, still with his head tilted to the side like a confused puppy.

I was baffled by his observations, I thought I was keeping my feelings pretty minimal. Apparently not minimal enough.

"I just don't believe that you're meant for me. You see, I didn't purposely order you, my friend gifted you to me." I explain, shrugging my shoulders in the process.

"Please don't return me, please Master," his eyes turned glossy as his bottom lip began to slightly tremble.

I opened my mouth, but I didn't know what to say. My heart sunk as I saw him physically sulk, still with his hands behind his back patiently.