vegan thanksgiving

this contains mild spoilers, but have nothing to do with the main plot or storyline, however if you don't want to know anything about love bot set in the future then I suggest to stop reading!!!

ava

The kitchen was filled with different aromas, varying from zesty onions to sweet apples. I was stressed about hosting our first family dinner together, considering the amount of shît we had to encounter in the past year. It was comforting to think that the holidays were among us, spreading cheer and excitement throughout everyone. However, I knew a vegan feast did not sound appealing to everyone, but Harry and I loved it so that is all that really matters.

"I swear if I eat another fûcking lentil loaf I am never returning to this household." Niall grumbles with crossed arms as he sits on the couch, watching the American football playing on the television.

"Lentils are high in protein, the Lord knows you need it with your eating habits," I scoff while rolling my eyes as I stir the gravy on the stove.

"I'm eating good, unlike the green shît you and Harry consume," he laughs loudly at his own joke, even slapping his knee for good measure.

"You're just jealous of our glowing skin and good morals," I blow a raspberry at him quite child-like while switching from checking the oven and stirring pots on the stove.

"Where is the lad, anyhow?" He asks, not straying his eyes away from the television.

"I think Zayn and him are looking up Black Friday deals on my laptop. Z mentioned wanting to buy a new camera or something like that," I wave it off as I begin to sweat from the constant moving around and warm cooking.

"Are they really going to that?" He shuffles a bit in his seat before Green Bay scored a touchdown causing him to annoyingly shout loudly and thrust his fist in the air.

"I do not know," I whistle as numerous timers go off for different things. "I was hoping that Harry did not want to go, because I do not want to be in those heavy crowds around crazy people."

I hurriedly pull out the sourdough stuffing, tofu pot pie, and the apple crumble bars while serving the green bean casserole along with the pumpkin apple rice into bowls. Thankfully Harry had found easy recipes that he and I had liked from BuzzFeed, so I was able to keep everything purely vegan. When I was growing up my parents had always stayed with the tradition for Tet Trung Thu, or the Moon festival, and followed through with Thanksgiving in America after September. Meaning that I never had a consistency of family recipes resonated down the family tree, even if I continued them, I would have to alter the authenticity of them to fit the vegan lifestyle.

"Ava, baby girl, how is everything going?" Harry sneaks up behind me as I struggle to turn off the stove and burners. He wraps his arms around my waist, cuddling into my backside as I feel the fuzz of his lavender sweater brush my neck.

"I just finished with everything and all I have to do is separate everything into serving bowls," I huff, blowing a piece of hair out of my face. I turn to face Harry, who still has that glowing grin adorning his beautiful face that I adore.

"Angel, you know you could have called me in to cook. I would have cooked this entire meal if you wanted me to, but your stubborn little áss wanted to do it on your own," he shakes his head with a chuckle.

"You always cook for me, I wanted to do everything by myself this time." I pout, brushing his long hair behind his ears to admire his embedded dimples and mesmerizing eyes.

Harry bites his lip while his fingertips graze the top of my red deep v-line cut dress, causing goosebumps in his wake. His other hand grips the side of my thigh, his long fingers nearly clasped around my àss.