six

guess who's back back again gianna's back tell a friend

ava

Sunlight invaded my dried shut eyelids, causing me to barely squint one open to see a blur of another person parallel to me. The throbbing and pulse of my temples would not cease and my stomach felt like there was literal flames erupting. An obnoxious groan released from my throat, simultaneously with the grumble of my sickening stomach. I was never one to hold their liquor so well.

Clutching onto my stomach, I shoot out of my bedsheets in the direction of my bathroom. The duvet catches onto my ankle causing me to lunge forward in an awkward trip of sorts. My outfit prior still clung to my frame, leaving a grime of disgust shuddering through me.

Immodestly, I shook the duvet off frantically and wobbled my way to the bowl of the toilet. A wrenching strangle erupted from the base of my throat as the poisonous liquid left my system in several coughs. Soft fingertips grazed my neck as my hair was pulled into a loose ponytail out of my way as I continued to empty my stomach.

"Shhh it's okay, baby. Let it all out," the soothing tone of my best friend's Irish accent flowed into my ear. He patted my clammy back when I began to withdraw from the toilet with a wince.

"Here's your toothbrush," he handed my pink brush with a large slab of toothpaste which I took with a frown. Nonetheless I began to harshly scrub my teeth in every crevice while mildly glaring at a well put-together Niall, who was also in his outfit from the previous night.

"I bought these new hangover pills at the corner store, works like a charm so I got you a bottle to keep," he lightly shrugged, leaning his head against my shower.

I grudgingly gave him a thumbs up, pulling myself off the floor with the aid of the counter. Niall followed suit as he watched me through the mirror spitting out the excess taste of mint and washing my face from the crusted makeup.

"If you're wondering where Harry is, he's in the kitchen cooking breakfast. He's a nice lad, but a little bit annoying. Wouldn't stop talking about you," he scoffed to hide his small chuckle. "My least favorite subject."

I blindly reach for my white fluffy hand towel and dried my face before turning my body to face Ni with a solemn look.

"Ha ha, very funny," I roll my eyes and push my towel to his chest to walk out of the bathroom in search of comfortable clothes.

Without a second thought, I shrugged off my dress and slipped on an old Nike t-shirt and some soft pajama shorts. I heard a low whistle, which came from a cheeky Niall leaning against the doorway in an arrogant manner.

"Hush it Ni," I huff in annoyance while carelessly tossing my dress into my hamper and missing it by a few inches.

"Harry surely wasn't 'hushing' it last night," he snickered all the way to my doorway for a quick escape from my antics.

My breath hitched incredulously from his acknowledgement of last night. I knew what I had done when I came home, but not to the extent of Harry blowing my cover. I was almost going to comment on his childish approach, but I thought better than to inform him of what he already knows.

"Woah woah woah," I backtracked  with confused brows. "Why were you even here?" I pursed my lips and squinted my eyes in accusation.

"I slept, more like tried, to sleep on the couch to make sure you went to work somewhat in one piece this morning. Glad to know that I'm appreciated," he rolls his eyes with a breathy sigh.

"Shît," I stop in sudden realization, my entirety flushes in angst."Fûck fûck fûck! What time is it?" I hectically begin to gather my keys and lanyard in a scramble to head out the door.