Secrets From A Hidden Past

"I bet you were a huge troublemaker in school," Anna teased Jack as he took another sip of his piping hot chocolate.

He wiped his mouth with the back of his sleeve like a child. "Oh yeah, I was the teacher's worst nightmare. You couldn't get me to comply if you tried."

Elsa chuckled. "I think you're still the same way now."

He shot her a teasing glance. "Say so for yourself," he shot back.

"What was the worst thing you ever did as a kid?" she asked sitting up to hear his story.

He thought for a moment before speaking. There had been many instances growing up that caused headaches for the adults in his life.

"Did I ever tell you guys about the time I was expelled from school?" he asked his voice entering a few octaves higher.

They shook their heads in succession.

"Well," he said kicking his feet onto the coffee table. "When I was around oh 13, my buddies and I decided it was a great idea to play a prank on our 7th grade teacher. She was a crazy lady, we hated her, so I thought it was a good idea to have a little fun."

"I don't like where this is going," whispered Olaf to Kristoff.

"Anyway, one day my pals and I thought it would be genius to bring in bullfrogs from the local lake nearby. The frogs were something most teachers and students were afraid of because of warts. At this point we were desperate to have one day off school and thought this would be a great way to do that. My good friend Will snuck the largest bullfrog I had ever seen beneath his shirt and when the time came, he placed it onto the teacher's chair. First thing in the morning we hear this scream from the front of the class, and she sat right on top of the frog! Guts splashed everywhere and we made a run for it out the door," Jack started laughing trying not to spill his drink onto the couch.

Elsa and Anna exchanged confused glances. "I would've freaked out," Anna shuddered thinking about the guts in the chair.

"Jack that's foul!" whooped Kristoff during catching his breath from laugher.

"You know that's not all we did to her, but I'll save the rest for later," he gave a smirk.

Olaf leaped from Elsa's lap onto the floor and stood in front of the fireplace. "That's gross Jack, but now that we've heard Jack's revolving frog story, who's next?" he beamed.

The four of them looked blankly at one another before Anna spoke up.

"I can tell you about the time I snuck out to do an ice-skating competition!" she said excitedly.

Kristoff waved his hand. "We've already heard that honey."

She sat back into the couch pretending to be frustrated. "But I tell it good every time," she mumbled.

"What about you Elsa?" Olaf asked innocently.

Her face immediately turned red. A memory she had suppressed for many years sprang to the surface of her mind.

"Oh, she's turning red," Jack playfully mocked.

She gave him an eyebrow raise. "I forgot my story," she shrugged it off avoiding her family's eyes on her.

Jack flashed his eyebrows back. "No no come on I know you had something that popped into your mind."

Twisting her fingers nervously she cleared her throat. "If you insist, there was this one time when I was a teenager that I stuck out of the house."

Anna's jaw dropped. "You stuck out?"

Elsa pressed her lips together. "Uh yeah when I was 17..."