Part 118: Life's Questions and Life's Laughter

Well the flower bed has been built, filled and fertilized and now the seeds are just germinating, on a side note bee stings are fucking horrible, I've never gotten one, but my brother is making it seem like he's dying every time he moves so I assume it's totally horrible.

_______

9: 05 P.M.

Akari P.O.V.

"It's a dark night, with the chilly desolate winds, despite carrying the smell of flowers and spring, howling like a lone wolf on the hunt, the world is only lit by yellowing streetlight, the starts smothered by clouds so black it's nearly impossible to tell them apart from the sk-"

"Will you cut it out?" Aki huffs and I glare.

"You through me off," I complain as she, presumably, rolls her eyes at me.

"Your impression of the Batman voice is aggravating." She states, her body crushed into a tight crouch while I slouch on the roof next to her

"You're the one who reminded me of it with the marvel reference,"

"Those aren't even the same franchise," She points out and I shrug

"They're superhero universes, it's basically the same thing,"

"There are several people who will fight with you on that, you best keep that controversial piece of opinion close to your chest," She waggles her finger playfully like the suggestion I made earlier isn't still sitting heavily on her shoulders along with the revelation that there's likely more than one fucked up organization tied to this that needs to get taken down.

At this point the entire world needs to be reformed, because there are probably still going to be countries out there who support fucked up bullshit and it becomes a breeding ground for it before it starts spreading again.

A doomsday would probably be a fucking mercy at this point, sure other things have gotten better, like homophobia and transphobia, the global rate of homelessness is only 2%, 97% of people worldwide receive all their necessary vaccinees and climate changed was officially reversed when we were two.

But that means other issues, like quirkism and trade of illegal goods are abundant because nobody wants to be just happy, they have to have something to be upset about too, and it' can't be something like mushrooms rather than people.

"Why do people suck?" I ask without thinking and Aki cocks her head at me.

"What brought up this question?" She asks

"I was just thinking of how good the world is and how some people are still so insistent on bringing it down by being hateful," I mutter looking down at my black gloved hands.

"You're strangely philosophical to night, but to answer your question I think it's because people are unhappy with their lives and don't know why, so they don't do anything about it, that or people don't really know what they want until they know what they don't want," She answers with a shrug.

"Do you think we're doing the right thing?" I ask looking over at her as she reaches out to squeeze my wrist.

"I think we're doing our best to take a little bad out of the world, and that's good enough," She says comfortingly and I can hear the soft smile in her voice as I sigh and press my shoulder to hers before rocking back.

"So you don't think what we're doing is inevitably pointless and only causing strife for the people we care about and those who are trying to do good the legal way." I ask, but it isn't really a question.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that there's always going to be crime in the world and most nights we're poking at a few small fries, who don't mean much in the grand scheme of things," I wave my hands around at the expanse on metal and concreate in front of us, only broken apart by trees and patches of grass.