The Willow House

Skylar's heart raced with anticipation as the family car pulled up outside the Willow House.

The old Victorian mansion stood tall, its grandeur shadowing over the surrounding landscape.

Skylar, a curious 12-year-old, could already feel the heaviness of the house, though she couldn't quite explain why.

As she stepped out of the car, her eyes scanned the intricate details of the architecture, wondering what secrets lay within its walls.

Her family, consisting of her parents Mark and Laura, and her brothers Ethan, Lucas, Nathan, and Benjamin, gathered their belongings and made their way towards the front door.

The air seemed to grow colder as they approached, and a shiver ran down Skylar's spine.

She glanced at her brothers, but they seemed oblivious to the strange aura surrounding the house.

Skylar's assigned bedroom was on the second floor, at the end of a long hallway.

As she climbed the creaking stairs, a sense of unease settled within her.

When she reached her room, she hesitated for a moment before turning the doorknob.

The door creaked open, revealing a dimly lit space.

But as Skylar stepped inside, her eyes widened in surprise

Two ghostly figures stood near the window, their forms translucent and ethereal.

Before she could utter a word, the figures vanished into thin air.

She blinked, unsure if what she had seen was real or a trick of her imagination.

Just then, her older brother Benjamin entered the room, his eyes widening as he took in the scene.

"Did you see that too?" Skylar asked, her voice trembling with a mix of fear and excitement.

Benjamin stared at her for a moment, then shrugged.

"Probably just your imagination, Sky. Let's focus on unpacking our things." He said.

Confused and slightly disappointed, Skylar helped Benjamin unpack their belongings.

Nightfall soon descended upon the Willow House, and as if on cue, their new neighbors, the Thompson family, arrived to welcome them. James, Emma, Andrew, Megan, and Ryan greeted Skylar's family warmly, filling the house with laughter and conversation.

As the evening wore on, Skylar couldn't shake off the strange encounter in her room.

She found herself lost in thought, her mind drifting back to the ghostly figures that had vanished before her eyes.

She wondered if anyone else in the house had seen them, but she hesitated to bring it up again.

The night grew darker, and Skylar prepared for her first night in the Willow House.