Shadows of the Past

Two days had passed since Skylar's fever had taken a strange turn, defying any conventional medical explanation.

It would disappear in the morning, only to return with a vengeance at night.

The fever seemed to be accompanied by eerie behaviors that left Mark and Laura deeply unsettled.

Skylar could often be found sitting alone on the staircase, engaging in one-sided conversations with unseen entities.

Her eyes remained wide open, devoid of recognition or awareness.

In the morning, she would reluctantly lock herself in her bedroom, only to emerge at midnight, much to her parents' distress.

Mark and Laura listened with heavy hearts as Skylar's cries, screams, laughter, and incomprehensible words echoed through the house during the night.

Her voice seemed to change, taking on different tones and inflections, adding to the growing sense of unease.

Desperate for answers, Mark and Laura sought help from the church.

The clergy advised them to perform an exorcism on Skylar, believing that a dark entity had attached itself to her innocent soul.

The entity, they were told, was lurking within the depths of the Willow House, using Skylar as a vessel.

The Thompson family, James and Emma, stood by the Morris family during this challenging time.

They witnessed firsthand the toll that the entity had taken on Skylar, as well as the devastating consequences it had already brought upon their own family.

The day of the exorcism arrived, heavy with anticipation and sorrow.

Skylar's exorcism was a harrowing ordeal, with the family and the clergy fighting against the dark forces that had taken hold of her.

Tragically, during the exorcism, Ryan, in his attempt to free Skylar from the restraints that bound her, met an untimely demise.

The Morris and Thompson families were left devastated, their hearts shattered by the loss of a beloved son and cousin.

Grief enveloped them as they held a funeral for Ryan, bidding him a tearful farewell.

The Thompson family, unable to bear the weight of the tragedy, made the difficult decision to move far away, seeking solace and healing in Massachusetts.

Five years passed, and the Morris family remained in the Willow House.

With the help of the church, they had cleansed the house of the dark presence that had plagued them.

Skylar, now seventeen years old, had grown into a resilient young woman, forever marked by the events of her past.

One day, as the Morris family settled into their routine, a new family moved into the Thompson's old house nearby.

The Barrons, including their son Percy, caught Skylar's attention.