Chapter 22

Author's POV-

Jungkook sat at his desk, bathed in the soft glow of his laptop screen. His eyes were fixed on the document before him, the Shin Treaty file, a trove of incriminating evidence against Kim Taehyung. With each passing moment, his resolve to bring Taehyung to justice grew stronger.

He reached for his phone, his fingers tapping out a familiar number. After a few rings, a voice answered on the other end.

"Hello?" the voice said, expectantly.

"It's me," Jungkook replied, his voice firm with determination. "I need your help."

The voice on the other end, recognizing Jungkook's tone, immediately became attentive. "What do you need?"

"I need you to release the contents of the Shin Treaty file," Jungkook instructed, the urgency in his voice palpable. "It's time to expose Taehyung for who he really is."

There was a brief pause as Jungkook's request sunk in. "Are you sure about this?" the voice asked, a hint of concern lacing its tone.

Jungkook's jaw tensed. "I've never been more sure of anything in my life. This thing won't bring him down completely but he will definitely lose some of his shareholders and market value."

"Consider it done," the voice replied, determination echoing Jungkook's own.

When Jungkook ended the call, a surge of anticipation coursed through him. This was the moment he had been waiting for, the chance to finally bring Taehyung's reign to an end.

Meanwhile, in a clandestine location across town, Jungkook's trusted associate was hard at work. Fingers flew across the keyboard as they bypassed firewalls and decrypted files, their dedication unwavering in the face of adversity.

Jungkook sat in his office, anticipating gnawing at his insides as he awaited news of the Shin Treaty file's release. With each passing moment, his anxiety grew, his mind racing with the potential consequences of his actions. Finally, his phone buzzed, and he eagerly answered.

"Did you do it?" Jungkook asked, his voice tight with tension.

There was a pause on the other end of the line before the voice responded, "I'm sorry, Jungkook. It didn't go as planned."

Jungkook's heart sank. "What do you mean it didn't go as planned?" he demanded, his frustration boiling over.

"The files that were released... they weren't from the Shin Treaty file. They were documents from the Jeon Group," the voice explained, a hint of regret lacing its tone.

Jungkook's jaw clenched in frustration. "How could this happen?" he muttered, running a hand through his hair in exasperation.

"I'm not sure. It seems like someone intercepted the upload and replaced the files," the voice replied, sounding just as perplexed as Jungkook felt.

When Jungkook ended the call, a sense of defeat washed over him. He had been so close to exposing Taehyung's corruption, only to have his plans thwarted at the last minute. Anger boiled within him, directed not only at whoever had sabotaged the upload but also at Taehyung himself.

Meanwhile, across town, Taehyung sat in his office, a self-satisfied smirk playing on his lips as he revelled in his victory. He had been monitoring Jungkook's movements closely, anticipating his next move. When he caught wind of Jungkook's plan to release the Shin Treaty file, he knew he had to act quickly to protect himself.

With few well-placed connections, Taehyung ensured that the upload would be intercepted and replaced with incriminating documents from the Jeon Group, effectively shifting the blame away from himself and onto his rivals. It was a ruthless move, but one that Taehyung knew was necessary to maintain his hold on power.