1

"You're not fucking going to that pathetic concert! I told you not to buy a ticket, but you had to disobey me once again!"

I let out a small yelp as he grabbed his beer filled glass and threw it towards me, missing by just a couple of millimetres, with the cold liquid spilling down my leg. I looked up to see him now right in front of me, grabbing my arm with a harsh force as he dragged me upstairs and into the spare room. Once in there he let go so that I stumbled into the chest of drawers. No doubt a fairly decent sized bruise would show up tomorrow.

"You're staying in this very dam room Ok, and if I find that you've snuck out or tried any funny games, I will fucking go nuts on your pretty ass."

With that he retreated back down stairs, slamming the door on his way, making me jump. Once it fell quiet, I sunk into the white rug which was dotted with small red stains here and there from past events and let my tears drop. Just one night of freedom, that's all I wanted. I looked around the room and took in the pictures that hung on the walls. The walls were cream with paintings done by me hung up here and there. On the wall directly opposite me, a painting of Corey Taylor stared back at me. It was the one I was most proud of, two profile paintings of him, side by side. In one of them, he was masked, and the other, his gentle blue eyes started at me and his slight side smile made me feel at ease.

Yes, I was a big fan of Slipknot and Stone Sour, I was going to attempt to see Slipknot tonight, before he found out. His name was Ryan, and he'd been my boyfriend since I was 15 and he was 16. We were 23 and 24 now, but it had turned into the worst relationship I could dream of. Once I had turned 18, he started changing, becoming more hostile. His excuse was 'you're 18 now, I can get away with it seeing as you're not a child anymore. I'm not into child abuse.'

From then onwards it was all downhill, countless hospital trips, lies and excuses. He just wouldn't let me leave. He doesn't cheat on me, he just likes having that power and control over me. Over a woman.

I shook the thoughts and looked back at my painting of Corey. I sat there debating and thinking of the posibilities of what could happen if I chose to go, and after a good 5 minutes of it, I shakily got up to chose an outfit.

I walked over to the door and cracked it open, hearing Ryan on the phone, laughing and chatting, probably to a mate of his, I carefully made my way into the main bedroom and opened my wardrobe, not wasting any time in planning an outfit out. I just grabbed a pair black ripped shorts with band logos stiched on one leg, and a black tank top with slits down the sides, which would expose my waist and my hips. I held it out to see that it was a Stone Sour one, so I kept hold of it and quickly routed around for one of my black bandeau's. After finding one, I picked up my black Doc Martin boots and headed into the bathroom with it all, dumping it in the corner and stripping of my current outfit to have a shower.

I regrettably stepped out of the warm shower and wrapped my long, deep red hair in a towel then dried myself and got into my chosen outfit, making sure to constantly check if Ryan was about to come upstairs or call me for anything.

The next step was makeup, I was quick to apply my foundation and powder, adding grey eyeshadow, winged eyeliner and mascara, and topping it off with a dark burgundy red lipstick. Moving onto my hair, I let it down from the towel as it fell down to my hips, and began to dry it. Once finished, I curled the ends, so that the black dip dye I had looked a little better.

All done. Now I just needed to get my boots on, grab my bag and ticket and go, I mentally checked off my small to do list whilst packing my purse into my bag, then going into my wardrobe and reaching towards the back to retrieve the ticket that I'd hidden safely from him.