Chapter five

His words filled me with warmth and comfort, and I leaned into his touch. I closed my eyes, relishing the moment and the security that he was offering me. I felt his arm wrap around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. His chest was warm against my back, and I could hear his heartbeat, steady and calming.

I matched my breathing to him, feeling my own heart slowing down, finding peace amidst the chaos. Lucis's presence was everything I needed, and I knew that as long as he was with me, everything would be okay.

Outside, the first glimmers of dawn were beginning to appear, casting a soft, rosy glow through the window. The air in the room seemed to grow warmer and more inviting, and I found myself growing sleepy once more. "I could stay like this forever," I murmured, my words barely audible.

Lucis chuckled softly, his breath tickling my ear. "I'm glad you could stay with me," he whispered, his voice husky and gentle. "I've missed you." His hand trailed down my arm, his fingers intertwining with mine, sending a shiver of pleasure through my body.

I woke up to the sight of a beautiful sunrise, the sky painted in hues of gold and orange. As I lay there, I could feel the warmth of the sun slowly creeping into the room, making me feel cozy and content. I snuggled deeper into the sheets, feeling safe and loved.

Lucis was lying next to me, his arm wrapped around my shoulders, holding me close. With each breath he took, his chest rose and fell, and I found myself matching his rhythm. At that moment, it felt like nothing else mattered. We were in our little world, completely at peace.

Outside, the world was slowly coming to life. The birds were chirping, singing their morning songs, while the gentle hum of traffic could be heard in the distance. But inside, everything was calm, with only the soft rustle of curtains and Lucis's steady breathing filling the room.

The sunbeams that streamed in through the window made the sheets look like they were drenched in gold, while the cool breeze from outside made the room feel fresh and invigorating. I could smell the sweet fragrance of flowers from the nearby garden, and it made me feel even more relaxed.

As I drifted in and out of sleep, I felt Lucis's breath tickle my neck, sending shivers down my spine. His arm around my waist felt like a warm, secure anchor, holding me close and reminding me that I was safe and loved. It was a moment I never wanted to end.

Lucis stirred beside me, his eyes fluttering open as he yawned widely. "Morning," he murmured, his voice still groggy with sleep. "School?" He glanced around, seemingly confused for a moment before the memory returned to him. "Oh, right. You've got that exam today."

I sat up, stretching my arms above my head as I yawned. The sunlight streaming in through the window cast a warm glow over everything, making the room feel like a cozy nest. "Yeah, I guess I do," I said, my voice still sleepy. "Do you think I should go?"

Lucis sat up as well, his muscular chest glistening with sweat from his sleep. He ran a hand through his messy hair, the gesture making him look adorably disheveled. "I don't know, scar," he said, frowning slightly. "What do you want to do?"

I glanced out the window, watching a squirrel scamper up a tree in the garden below. The morning air was crisp and invigorating, but there was something about being in bed with Lucis that made me want to stay here forever. "I guess it's up to you," I said, nuzzling into his neck. "Do you want to go back to sleep, or get some breakfast, or..."

Lucis chuckled, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer. "Well, we could always skip school and have a lazy day in bed," he suggested with a mischievous glint in his eye. "Or we could get some breakfast, then maybe go for a walk in the garden, or even explore the city a bit."