Chapter 6

Chris pov

I was talking to Larray while we waited for Chloe and Scarlett. They didn't know that Nick, Matt and I would be there too. Tara asked us this morning if we had time this evening and wanted to come play golf. As I said, I was talking to Larray until he abruptly interrupted the conversation. "Is that Chloe who's hugging Nick?" he asked. I turned around, Nick moved out of the way and there she was. She looked surprised, her lips forming a small smile. She looked even better in person. We walked towards each other and she opened her arms to hug me and her hair tickled my face and my fingers touched the skin on her back. "Are you surprised to see me?" I asked "I wasn't expecting you" she said into the hug. As we pulled apart we looked at each other, she was perfect, I have never seen a more beautiful girl in my life. "Chris lemme say hello to her" said Larray. I turned around to Nick, the others came over and Scarlett said hello and also while Chloe was hugging Tara. She came back to me and Nick and asked "where's your brother?" "over there" I said and pointed in that direction. Matt came over and the screen with the score wouldn't turn on and Matt had it fixed. "The screen should work now" said Matt, coming towards us.

I stood next to Matt with my drink in my hand. Tara finished her round and after her it was Chloe's turn. "Chloe and Scarlett seem chill" he said "yeah" I said "you should talk to her" Matthew said "what makes you think I haven't done it yet" I said taking a sip "wait, you already did?" "He asked with his mouth open and his eyes wide. "We've been texting since she filmed with Sam and Colby" I said "Chris, why didn't you tell me" he said with his mouth open and a laughing face. "We don't text every day, just every now and then" I said "You texted her first? or did she reached out to you?" asked Matthew "I texted first" we watched her, seemed like she had never played golf before, it's kinda cute. "Okay, how do I position myself?" Scarlett tried to show her somehow but they just laughed. "Johnnie?" she said, laughing desperately. "Don't ask me, I can't do it either," he laughed. "Okay, I'll help you," I said and went over to her. "Can I?" I asked. "Sure," she replied. I slowly placed my hands on her hips and turned her into the correct position. "Stand straight" I said to her. I stood close behind her, her back sometimes touching my upper body, I placed my arms above hers so I could hold the bat. Her whole body was shaking and tense. "Don't be nervous" I said while my face was close to her ear. "I'm not" ohh yes you are Chloe. "Your whole body is literally shaking. Relax okay?" I said to her and she tried to relax. Shortly after, I hit the golf ball into the distance. "You see, it's that easy," I said, moving away from her and going back to Matt. She walked over to Colby again.

After Nick called us over to him and Colby and we talked about the planned video, I stopped with Chloe. It's just the two of us standing there. "Golf will never be something for me," she said with a laugh. "You'd rather go ghost hunting with Colby, huh?" I said grinning and taking a sip of my drink. I just wanted to tease her a little, which worked. "You're an idiot," she said, smiling and shaking her head. I turned towards her so that I was standing to the side of her. "Idiot? You were the one who got nervous," I said. "Proud?" she asked, leaning towards me. She's grinning, so I am too. "kinda, I mean, you're gorgeous," I said, smiling at her. Are we flirting right now? I mean, I do, but what about her, does she? "Don't even try" she said "what?" I asked grinning "You're trying to create a moment between us." She said "I dont" I said looking at her. She grinned at me "you idiot" she said teasingly and then went over to Johnnie because it was her turn again. She turned around briefly and grinned and I just shook my head and grinned. Nick and Matthew came over to me. "Dude, she's flirting with you," Matt said. "They've only known each other since today?" Nick said confused. "Ohh he doesn't know?" Matt asked and I shook my head. "What?" Nick said with wide eyes. "We texted back and forth a few times," I said, swallowing my drink. "Why didn't you tell me?" asked Nick "I've only known since this night too" said Matt. "Then I agree with Matt, she's flirting with you" said Nick. "Chill, I don't think so" I said "dude, it's dead obvious" Matt said.

Chloe Pov:

After I threw the golf ball I went to Larray, Tara, Jake and Johnnie. "Let me know when you go outside again" I said to Jake and Johnnie. "We were actually just about to go out," Johnnie said. The three of us went outside. Nick, Matthew and Chris's eyes followed me until I was outside. "Before we go to the restaurant later, we'll go to the triplets," Jake said, taking a drag on his cigarette. "Okay, when did we reserve the table for?" I said "9:30 I think. We have to ask Tara," Johnnie said. "Yeah it was 9:30" Jake said. "Are you up to film a video with us?" asked Jake "sure" I said "we would probably film it after Tara's 1 mill party then" said Johnnie. "Do you have any ideas yet?" I asked. "No, but if you have ideas you can text us during the week," said Johnnie. "I completely forgot about Tara's party. It's already next weekend" I said. We went back inside. When we got to the others I stood next to Nick, Chris and Matt. "You smoke?" asked Matthew. "No, no, I was just outside with both of them. Jake told me we're going to your place before we go to the restaurant?" I said. "Right," Nick said. "Have you seen Scarlett?" I asked and "she's in the bathroom" said Tara "I have to go there too" I said "I'll be right back" I said to the three I was standing with. "Can you maybe pay attention for a second?" I asked Chris and put my jacket in his hand. "Sure," he said. "Thank you." I smiled at him and couldn't tear myself away from his eyes. He stood between Matt and Nick, who were both already watching Sus. I broke eye contact and walked quickly to the bathroom door. "Scar?" I said "I'm here Chloe" she said "Is everything okay?" I asked. I leaned over the sink so I was closer to the mirror to adjust my lipstick. She came out of the cabin and washed her hands. "You like him huh?" she said, grinning teasingly at me. "Kinda" I said and smiled at her. "I think he likes you too," she said and sat down on the sink counter. "Nah never" I said and put my lipstick away. "Come on Chloe. He can't take his eyes off you. Everyone notices that. His eyes wander all over the room to where you are" she said "and I saw you flirting" she said "flirting??" I said "Chloe, I know how you flirt" she said "I doubt he's flirting . I know I'm flirting with him," I said. "And he's flirting with you, watch his looks" she said and winked at her. Her feet hit the ground again and walked out the door. "You're crazy," I said to her on the way back to the others. They were already ready to go. Scarlett just laughed at me "watch his looks" she said and went to her bag and jacket that was with Colby. I walked the other way towards Nick, Chris and Matthew. "Thank you," I said and gave him an unthinking kiss on the cheek. Oh God Chloe, what have you done. Matt and Nick looked at him with raised eyebrows and an "I told you so" look. What do they mean? "Of course," he said, smiling. I took my jacket from his hands. "Ready?" Tara asked and we all walked out of the building together. "Scar and Chloe, who are you going with?" asked Larray "with us" said Jake. "Okay, so everyone drive to us," said Chris. Sam and Colby went to their car, the triplets and Larray got into a car and then Jake, Johnnie, Tara, Scarlett and me. "The evening is simply fantastic" said Tara and we agreed. It wasn't a long drive to get the triplets home, maybe around 15 minutes. They went by quickly because we were all vibing to the music.

Note 💗
may 9th, 2024