𝓒𝓱. 54

I don't remember how I got there.... It all felt like a blur..

WEE–OWW! WEE–OWW!

One minute I was sitting in my kitchen with Reo, the next, I was standing in front of Tokyo Loft Apartments.

Nagi's lungs felt like they were on fire, his body struggling to stay up as he pushed his way through the crowd of people. It was easy considering how big he was, but when he got to the front, the police blocked his way in.

"Sir! Please stand back–"
"But it's my girlfriend's–"
"Officer Saito?"

Reo came in clutch for Nagi, holding his hand out to the cop.

"I'm Reo Mikage, son of the heir of Mikage Corporation. We need to get in there please"

Despite how calm he perceived himself, Nagi could see right through his friend's act. Reo was visibly shaking, his voice just as unsteady as he was.

The officer sighed, looking around at the noisy crowd, "Look Reo, I know I'm good friends with your father, but I can't just–"

"Please sir? My girlfriend's in there... I just want to make sure she's okay..."

Reo's puppy-dog eyes seemed to work just as well on the officer like they did on Kaede. The cop leaned close to the boys.

"There's a way in if you go around the block. I'll let you in, but if anyone catches you–"

"We'll say we snuck in", Nagi finishes his sentence, not giving him a chance to explain further a she books it to the corner of the street.

Reo gives the man his thanks, running after his friend to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

"Nagi! Slow down! He still has to let us in!"

He didn't even bother waiting for the officer to move the tape, jumping right over it to get to your apartment. Reo was slightly impressed, but scowled at his friend for his recklessness. As Nagi raced up the final step, he stopped when he saw Kaede. She was looking out from the railing of the apartment complex, her gaze fixed on the horizon. The door to your apartment was wide open, and he could hear the investigators inside conversing. He tried stepping in, but Kaede's raspy voice stopped him.

"She's not in there if that's what you're wondering..."

It was like this was all just a bad dream. Nagi had hoped that it was, but seeing the apartment's condition, he knew this was the harsh reality. There was blood all over the living room floor, as well as some things knocked over. Every door in the apartment was open, probably to check for any clues on who could've done this.

"Kaede?!"

Reo had finally managed to catch up, heaving at the top step with a hand rested on the railing. Kaede's head turned at his voice, tears pricking her eyes all over again. She just couldn't seem to be strong when it came to Reo, immediately sobbing and running into his arms.

"Y–Y/n! Gr–hic!–andma! Sh–She wasn't there, and Grandma was just–"

Her sobs were muffled by his shoulder, clinging to the back of his shirt for dear life. Nagi watched from afar as Reo rocked the two of them back and forth, his friend's eyes watering as well.

"Shhhh. Shhhh... Take a deep breath... We'll figure this out, okay?"

His whispers and the constant rubbing of her back made her quiet down just a bit. But still, Kaede was a mess; and despite not showing it, Nagi was too.

"Takahashi...", Nagi bit his lip, marching towards them, "What did you see? What happened? Tell me–"

He tried stepping closer to them, but Reo turned the two of them around so his back faced his friend. Nagi's blood pressure rose, scoffing at his friend.