Realizations

"Please no ....please.."

Pete was almost waiting for that car to bump into theirs. But before that he flinched at the loud crash, I quickly turned to his right by instinct.

"Nop....." To his horror, a large truck came outta nowhere and hit the Mercedes so hard, it almost flew a few meters exploding with another loud bang.

Pete was clutching onto Venice, "N-Nop- wh-why don't you move...our car-"  Both of his hands were shaking in fear.

"Do not get out of the car Khun Pete."  Nop got out of the car suddenly, Pete gulped visibly, What's wrong with their car now?

Pete felt his eyes warming up, "Vegas..." Then he remembered, "Yes..I gotta call Vegas...where's my phone-" He started to look for his phone.

As he picked his phone up, There was gunshots, followed by Nop's grunt.  "ARGH!"  Pete perked up.

Did he get shot? Did Nop...get shot?!

Pete sat on the floor on the car peeking out, with Venice in his arms.

There's so many people, but he doesn't recognize any of them. Maybe they're hired. Nop was relentlessly reloading and firing at them taking cover near their car. Pete was right, He's been shot at his left arm. Pete doesn't know how long Nop can hold them off.

Vegas pick up the phone..

"...Pete!"  Pete turned around to look at who's calling him, he was actually scared to see one of those people after him. One of them got to me from behind?!

His left hand went for the spare gun by instinct. Pete stopped for a moment.

"Who's- Ah! You-" A sense of relief washed over Pete as he found a familiar face near him. "Were you on the other car?"

Mei didn't seem to notice what Pete was saying, "Get out of the car.."  she grabbed Pete's hand.

Pete slapped her hand off at once. "Wait-" Pete shook his head, "Mei listen to me, here...hold him"  He placed Venice in her arms. "..Take him back to safety-"

Mei replied in disbelief, "What? Wait...I'm not here to-"  Pete doesn't even know who she really is, how can he trust Mei with his newborn baby? "Are you out of your mind? "

Pete glanced over the opposite side once, "They're after me, even if I get out of here, they'll tail until they catch me. But they won't follow you when I'm still in here....Vegas is maybe on his way, wasn't I supposed to arrive at home by now? "  Pete sorted out Venice's clothes in a rush and pecked his tiny forehead.

Mei looked down at the baby, "...."  Mei thought to herself, Isn't it a good opportunity? it's more than what you needed.

"Get out of here," Pete pushed slightly on her arm, I cannot risk anything with Venice. "Run!"

Mei gave Pete a stern nod, before getting on her bike. Pete looked at them drive off for a moment. And turned towards Nop. Vegas...hurry up.
__________________________
Main House.

"WHAT?!" Vegas literally ran out of the meeting room ignoring every voice that called out his name.

Seriously Vegas, you should've known this would happen.

Vegas got into his car, started the engine. Meanwhile trying to track Pete's phone.

Damnit damnit.

Vegas drove out of the Main House in a frenzy. Porsche followed him close. Out of all the times, you couldn't spare an hour for Pete, why'd he stay with you if you can't even keep him safe?