Unexpected Happenings

"Jijiii!" Khushi exclaimed out loud before Arnav could stop her, turning the attention of everyone on to them. He bit his tongue to stop himself from saying anything and turned towards Akash, who was now on his feet and looking appropriately embarrassed while Payal looked absolutely horrified, almost wanting the ground to swallow her up. She rushed towards Khushi, and Akash was quick to follow on her heels, "Jiji.. yeh sab kya hai?" (Jiji.. what is all this?) Khushi asked in a quieter voice as soon as Payal was within earshot, Payal took Khushi's hand and tried to walk away without giving an answer, but Akash stood in her way.

"Mai aapko yahan se mera sawal ja jawab diye bina nai jaane dunga Payalji" (I will not let you leave here without answering my question Payalji) Akash said in a low yet determined voice, surprising Khushi and Arnav, who have never seen Akash behave this assertive towards anyone, their first reaction was to look at each other, from the expression on their faces, they clearly understood that they were literally thinking the same thing. Payal shifted on her feet, but didn't say a word, Khushi's eyes darted from Akash to Payal, while Arnav stood back evaluating the situation, which is when he noticed almost every eye in that restaurant was on them.

Heaving a sigh, he stepped forward "Akash, sab humaare taraf hi dekh rahe hai" (Akash, Everyone is looking at us) He turned to Khushi, his eyes flicked to Payal and back to Khushi, he raised his brows slightly in question, and she nodded her head in answer. Arnav placed his hand on Akash's back and steered him out of the restaurant towards the parking lot. "Chalo Jiji" (Come Jiji) Khushi held Payal's hand and followed the route she saw Arnav take, Payal complied without protest.

When Arnav saw Khushi walk out the door a few seconds after he had done, his lips curved a little upwards, she understood him even without him having to say the words out loud, and that made his heart really happy. Payal who had, up until then, wordlessly followed Khushi out the restaurant, halted in her steps, bringing Khushi to a jerking stop as well. "Chal Khushi, Ghar chalte hai" (Come Khushi, lets go home) Khushi immediately looked towards the Raizada men, "Payalji.." Akash started to speak, but Payal pulled Khushi's hand and tried to walk away.

"Payalji please rukiye.." (Payalji please wait) Akash called out and sprinted towards the girls, though Payal had not stopped for his request, he reached them quickly and blocked their path again. "Mere sawal ka jawab dijiye" (Give me an answer for my question) Payal shut her eyes tight and took a deep breath, when she opened them, they were reddened, "hum aapse shadi nai kar sakte hai Akashji" (I cannot marry you Akashji) Khushi gasped out loud and Arnav almost froze out of the shock he felt.

"Par kyun? Kyun nahi kar sakti?" (But why? Why can't you?) Akash's tone had Arnav rushing to him, to stop things from escalating. "Akash, what is all this?" Arnav asked in a very soft tone, still unable to over come the shock that his very timid cousin brother had not only made such a public proposal to a girl, but is also being so unrelenting about it. 

"Bhai.. I love her!" Akash's declaration softened Khushi's and Arnav's stance, while it had the total opposite effect on Payal. "Humaare baare mai aap jaante hi kya hai jo aap humse pyaar karne lage?" (What do you know about me that made you fall in love with me?) Payal shouted out, with tears now freely flowing down her cheeks, Khushi held her shoulder in an effort to calm her down, and looked around to see if they were making a public spectacle of themselves "Jiji.. araam se baat karo na" (Jiji.. Speak softly will you) Khushi whispered 

Akash had a look of confusion on his face.. "Kya aapko pata hai ki humaari shadi tut gayi thi? humaari baraat mandap se laut gaye the? " (Do you know that my marriage was broken? My Baraat left the alter) All the hurt and humiliation she had felt on that day came rushing back to her, which made her turn her anger towards Arnav "Aapko tho pata honi chahiye na Arnavji!" (You should know about it right Arnavji?) at those words Arnav whipped his head towards Khushi, who averted her eyes from him and pressed on Payal's shoulder to stop her from saying more