Teaming Up

Once Payal felt she had no more tears left to shed, she sat straight and wiped her face, she didn't make any direct eye contact with Khushi, this was the first time she had let herself be so vulnerable about this issue, and now she felt a little too conscious as to how Khushi would take everything. "Khushi.. hume ghar jaana chahiye" (Khushi, we should go home) Payal didn't want to have any more conversations regarding the issue, and knew the only place Khushi wouldn't dare speak about this issue is at home.

Khushi stood up along with Payal, once they patted down their dresses, Khushi pulled out her keys and forwarded them to Payal "Jiji.. tum ghar chali jao, hume ek kaam hai, woh khatam karke hum rickshaw leke aajayenge" (Jiji, you go home.. I have some work, I will finish that and come by rickshaw) Payal wasn't in the right frame of mind to question Khushi, so she silently took the keys and made her way out of the temple after asking Khushi to be safe and return home soon. 

Khushi stood in front of Devi Maiyya's statue, her eyes closed, praying sincerely for a sign that what she had planned to do was the right thing, and just then a light breeze blew across, gently ringing the bells, and bringing a sense of calm to Khushi's heart. As soon as she stepped out of the temple she pulled out her phone and dialled Arnav's number.

Arnav closed his eyes and hit head softly on the back rest of his car seat in frustration when he heard the automated voice letting him know that Khushi's line was busy for the 5th time in a row. "Jab mujhe usse zaroori baat karni hai, uski line busy aari hai... must be talking to that fiancé of hers" (When I want to talk to her about something important, her line is busy..) He spat the last sentence out in anger. Just when he was about to click 'call' again, his ringer went off, the caller id displaying Khushi's name, he immediately answered it "itni der kis se baat kar rahi thi?" (To whom were you talking all this while?

Khushi was confused, why was he annoyed at her? "areyy.. hum tho aapko phone kar rahe the aur line nahi mila" (Oho! I was phoning you but couldn't get the line) her explanation brought a smile on Arnav's face. So she wasn't busy talking to anyone else, she had been trying his number all this while.. he quickly gathered himself and cleared his throat "bolo.. kya baat hai?" (Go on.. what is the matter?) There was a few seconds of silence on Khushi's end "woh.. hume aapse Akash ji aur Jiji ke baare mai baat karni thi.. kya hum mil sakte hai?" (The thing is.. I wanted to talk to you about Akashji and Jiji.. can we meet?)

Arnav was pleasantly surprised, even he had been wanting to talk to her about the same thing "yeah.. mujhe bhi ussi ke baare mai baat karna tha.. ab tum kahan ho?" (Yeah.. even I wanted to talk about that.. where are you now?) Khushi let him know that she was at the temple, Arnav checked the time, it was almost close to lunch, so he asked her to meet him at the same restaurant where they had found Akash and Payal, which Khushi agreed to.

***

Garima opened the main door of the house and had to catch herself before the displeasure she felt was shown on her face. Shyam stood on the foyer with a broad grin holding a few bags, she stepped aside to allow him some space to enter, "Namaste Mausiji.. kaisi hai aap?" (Greetings Mausiji.. how are you?) Shyam tried his usual charm, but it did not work in his favour, Garima just gave him a curt nod and walked into the house. Payal, who up until that point was seated on the sofa, stood up and walked away too, leaving Shyam utterly annoyed at them. 

He had expected them two to have mellowed down, He put his bags down and cracked his knuckles "Aap dono kitne bhi hume na pasand kare.. aur Khushiji jitni bhi humse dur bhage.. aap log humaara kuch nahi bigaad sakte.. kyun ki Buaji humaari vash mai hai.. yeh shadi hoke hi rahegi.. aap dekh lena!" (How ever much the two of you dislike me.. and how much ever Khushi tries to run away from me.. you people can't do anything.. because I have Buaji under my control.. this marriage will happen.. just watch!) He snickered and turned to close the door behind him.