Chapter 1: visions part two

Skulduggery's P.O.V:

I had never thought I would have to hear that name again. Lord Vile was supposed to have died inside me and stayed that way. But no. Of course I have to be him again...

Valkyrie's P.O.V:

Skulduggery is always weird, but after that meeting with Ghastly, Ravel and Mist, he's been acting weirder than usual. The way he froze when Ghastly mentioned Lord Vile... It makes me think he's hiding something. Wait, the door... Nah, it can't be linked. It's probably got to do with something else. Right?

Nobody's P.O.V

Once they had left the sanctuary, Skulduggery and Valkyrie had gotten in the Bentley and went to visit Cassandra to see if she was having the same visions as the ones the other Sensitives at the sanctuary were having.

When they got to the door, Valkyrie knocked and Cassandra welcomed them inside.

"Skulduggery and Valkyrie, so good to see you after all this time." Cassandra smiled.

Skulduggery tilted his head,"It's good to see you too Cassandra. We were just wondering-"

"If I have had the same visions about Vile? Yes, I have."

Skulduggery nodded and Cassandra lead them through a narrow door and into the cellar. The cellar had a large metal grille for a floor and had coal laying underneath it. Rusty pipes came from a red wheel and ran up the soot-covered walls and across the ceiling. Sprinklers were dotted around on the pipes and were also rusty. In the middle of the room was a wooden chair with a bright yellow umbrella resting beside it. Cassandra sat in the chair and motioned for them to light the coals. Skulduggery clicked his fingers and threw a ball of fire into the coals and made them spread. Cassandra opened the umbrella and rested it on her shoulder. Valkyrie went over to the red wheel and twisted it, making water flow through the pipes, out of the sprinklers and onto the coals to create steam that grew thicker until you could hardly see the grills on the floor. Then the vision started.

Chaos instantly began to project onto the steam. They were in the sanctuary. The corridors were in ruins and the furniture that had been scattered around the place was smashed. There were injured people running and falling and screaming as they all ran from the same place. The same person. Lord Vile strode through the chaos, slicing shadows into anyone that got in his way. He was walking to somewhere, no, to someone and he was gaining fast. He shadow walked the rest of the distance and grabbed a girl, a girl in black, Valkyrie, and shadow walked her away with him into a room.

The steam moved and projected a grey room with a table in the middle with two chairs on either side of it but nothing else. The future Valkyrie looked at Vile with fear and pain in her eyes. Her arm looked broken.

But the fear in her eyes changed when Vile tilted his head and whispered, "Valkyrie... Help."

She looked confused for a while but she then looked at Vile with sadness and shock, "Wait. It was you this whole time? Why didn't you tell me?"

Vile didn't speak but he still had his head tilted slightly. But he quickly moved it back and kept his head straight. He moved forward and shadow walked out of the room, leaving Valkyrie alone.

"I'll find a way. I will help you. I promise." She said to herself, and the vision ended.