Chapter 2: Inside the mind part one

Inside Skulduggery's head P.O.V

Hello Skulduggery. It's been a while hasn't it? Since we last had fun.

Shut up. I don't want you here.

Oh but you do Skulduggery. I am you. You know that.

If you were me then I wouldn't have done those things in the war.

Yes you would have. Either way.

Ah. That's when you lie.

Am I though? Am I really lying? I'm inside your head Skulduggery. I know everything about you. But I know that what troubles you is that you don't know anything about me.

...

I'm right, aren't I Skulduggery? Maybe you know that deep down, I'm not lying. Maybe you know that you would have done what you did. Maybe you know that you are me.

And maybe you should learn how to be quiet when you get annoying.

Oh no. Am I annoying you? I'm merely giving you FACTS Skulduggery. I'm giving you the facts that you don't want to hear. But one day, the facts that you didn't want to hear will come true once again. You KNOW your going to lose control. You KNOW that you will let me out. You KNOW that you will become the real you once again. For that's what the vision was about. Make it come true Skulduggery. I know a little part of you wants to.

NO! THEY ARE NOT FACTS! THEY WILL NOT COME TRUE! I WILL NOT LOSE CONTROL! I WILL NOT BECOME YOU AND NO PART OF ME WANTS IT TO HAPPEN! SO SHUT. UP!

Oh Skulduggery... You need more faith... And anger management classes...

No. I don't. I need more of me and less of you... Wait no I don't.

You do need faith Skulduggery and you need more of who you are. And that's me. And, oh, what will Valkyrie think of you when she finds out? Hmm?

She won't need to find out...

Oh but she will need to Skulduggery. You will give in to yourself and you will do what you love most. Murder.

...

Oh so you DO love it. I'm happy. Thank you Skulduggery, you have proved to me that a small part of you DOES want to be me. I'm greatful.

I don't want to be you. Nobody wants to. And Valkyrie will not find out unless I actually lose control. Which I won't.

You can stop protecting your ego now Skulduggery. There's nobody here to listen to our conversation. It's just you and me. You can tell me that you want to become the real you. You can tell me that you like the power. You can tell me that you want the world to die in your shadow. You can tell me anything. Like I said before, there's nobody here.

But you.

Well yes but that doesn't count because you are me. Your basically talking to yourself.

... If I admit some things will you shut up?

Oh of course Skulduggery. Anything to make me right. Just tell the truth. You might as well, I can tell if your lying.

... I guess I do like the power. Just a bit...

But...?

I don't want the world to die. It would be lonely. I would have nobody to talk to. But you and your stupid voice.

So you would kill the world, but you won't because of your talkativeness?

... I guess...

WONDERFUL! Oh Skulduggery do you know what this means?

No?

It MEANS that you know that you are me. It means that you would destroy everything if you weren't talkative. It means... It means that you're one step closer to becoming the man you were always destined to be...

... No...