Checkpoint and a confession?

POV: Jericho

As we continue driving Makz helps the AHRA android with what to answer, for the possible questions going to be asked, and how to word them to sound less like a robot.

As we approach the security checkpoint, gripping the stearing wheel to prevent a nervous breakdown from occurring. I glance back to the others in the rearview. " You guys ready?" Makz nods "hopefully this works out." We pull up to the guard.

"Vehicle papers please, and business for visiting Or long term residents?" The man looks over the three of us as I retrieve the paperwork. " We're residents, h-heh." I give a nervous look to the others. " Mechanics? Mind if I take a look at your equipment? Just a standard procedure, to ensure that everything is up to code and such, you know how it is. "

Makz leans forward to answer, "of course." As they go to open the back doors for the guard. He looks around at every thing, Deming everything in order before his eyes land on the android. "This is someone you work with? Looks like she took quite a tumble there." I look back and forth between them, trying to quickly come up with something to say. "Well.... You know how easy it is to get scratched up as a mechanic."

The guard eyes us suspiciously, " You sure you're alright miss...? " Before the android could answer with her model name, Makz chimes in " Ana... Here was just assisting us with a repair." Looking to the android, now dubbed Ana, for agreement. She nodded " Indeed. It was quite the challenging task, of course due to my miniscule stature things were difficult, but nothing overall to damaging. " I stared in slight fear that we've been caught, but the guard nods and finishes his inspection. "Well you all be careful next time, lucky no need for a hospital visit but you never know."

'Ana' looks to us for what else to do, I take back the papers I'm being handed. "You be careful to, you know... With the terrorist and.... Yeah." He signals us through and Makz and I breathe in relief. "That was so nerve-wracking. I thought for sure we were found out. " Makz just shakes their head "wow thanks for the very little input on the improvising, and first assuming that we were going to get caught, glad you have faith in me." I laughed and shook my head back "oh please I fully believed in you, it the other one I was concerned with. " As I looked at 'Ana' in the rearview. "By the way, where did you get Ana from?"

Makz looks at 'Ana' with slight blush, "technically it's in the model number she gave us. 4-n-4? A-n-a? A-And....." They look away mumbling, I smirked at them. " Firstly that sounds like a lazy method of naming things, secondly what was that last part? " Their face get darker red " I-I said I think.... I thought.... Ugh I thought I was cute. Whatever just pick something else if you want, I don't care." I laughed at their embarrassment. " I like the name."

We both turn to 'Ana' one in surprise and the other amused. As I swerve back on the road, from not paying attention for a second, I chuckled at Makz."Welp guess it's settled then, Ana it is."

Makz continues to watch Ana with a small smile, as she looks at my collection of doggy dashboard bobbleheads in a box, "yeah I guess so"

Ana picks one up and pulled on the head till it broke " Nooo... Not the husky! It was difficult to find, Ana! " As Makz howls in laughter at my misery.
She looks at it then me " I apologize for damaging your k9 statuette, but what use are these diminutive creatures?"

Makz after finally breathing normally, answers "its just something to do on the side when we go scraping. Well for Jericho it's an obsession." I glare at them from the corner of my eye.

Reaching back to grasp Ana's shoulder they could. "You have a lot to learn about but don't worry I've you." They smile and so does Ana

"Was that a confession? Cuz it wasn't a very good one." I say through chuckles. Makz whipped around to punch me in the arm "Shut up!" I swear a little on the road as I try to avoid being beaten up. "Easy easy! I was kidding, your gonna get us pulled over! Stop it! "

Author note

Sorry for the long wait, just hadn't known how to continue. Hope you guys enjoy.