22. Uninvited

Pov Dustin McCoy
________________

Last night was hell. I have never slept so badly and the dreams I had were too strange to even mention. I felt sick and nauseous when I woke up, and here I was, in the shower for I don't know how long already. 

Water washed calmly over my body as I just stood there with my head bowed and eyes closed. 

Fortunately the nauseous feeling had diminished by the shower, but I still felt bad. Maybe it was due to yesterday's phone calls.

I still couldn't believe what Billie said to me back then, it was ridiculous that she thought about me like that and even blamed me for things I didn't do. Not talking about Asher yet. 

When I just woke up, my mind immediately went back to that guy. The fact he was so busy with Bea worried me, and it made me feel unpleasant. I planned on going to his house today, just to have a talk with him. 

Yes, just a talk, a normal conversation. I don't want to end up fighting with him again or needing to raise my voice, I just want to talk this all out and I want to know what is going on in his head and why he wants to find Bea so bad suddenly, because it just didn't make sense to me, which I found extremely bothering. 

So, I genuinely also hoped that Asher would be open for a normal talk with me, which I didn't expect at all since I was planning on going to his house uninvited. And I honestly wouldn't open the door either if Asher was at my place on a Saturday morning. 

After being done with showering, I dressed in some casual clothes and went downstairs to shove some breakfast down my throat and go outside. While grabbing my bike I sent my parents a text that said that I went to a friend and would be back in the afternoon. 

<><><>

I could bet I was already standing more than 15 minutes in front of Asher's house, hidden behind a tree while doubting whether to go away again or just do it. I also had seen a woman in the house and I didn't want her to open the door, I wanted Asher to open the door so I could avoid any further interactions. 

With a deep sigh I eventually walked up to the door and knocked three times on it, keeping my gaze down annoyed. I hate the fact I couldn't contain my emotions and feelings towards Asher and his family. 

The door went open not much later and the woman from who I had hoped wouldn't open the door, stood in the doorframe. I felt a deep red color of shame spread over my cheeks and I looked up at the smaller woman, immediately recognizing Asher in her looks. 

'Can I help you?' She asked with a soft voice before Asher came down the stairs while talking to the woman, clearly not noticing my presence yet. 

'Momma, shall I shop for dinner tonight?' He asked with a gentle voice before his eyes locked with mine and his gaze darkened. One arm creeped around the waist of his mother as he leaned his chin on top of her head as he looked at me. 

I couldn't get myself to open my mouth and speak up, so I just kept staring back at Asher in the hope he would say something, which he luckily did. 

'I know him momma, you can go back to what you were doing.' He muttered before guiding his mother towards a door with his hand. A short "Oh, okey" was heard from her before she disappeared and Asher turned back to me, crossing his arms over his chest.

It looked like he had just woken up because his hair was a mess and he was wearing gray shorts and a white wrinkled blouse on top of it, the first three buttons still open. 

'What are you doing here, Dustin?' He asked, keeping his voice low. I shrugged and looked up at the house for a moment, sucking my cheeks in.

'I want to talk.' I managed to get out of my mouth, looking back at the dangerous dark eyes of the male in front of me. I only noticed now that Asher was taller than me and I absolutely didn't like that.