Attack

The spacecraft they sent arrived in a mountainous area of ​​the Holy Kingdom
The robots there placed a gate in that place. After setting up the gate, they send the scout robot to gather information about the surrounding area.
who observe the area for weeks.

Edward continued to plan to build his empire. He decides to contact the Holy Realm.

...

Edward looks around.

It's like a medieval civilization but I shouldn't neglect them because they know how to use magic. Also, this world may have more mysteries.

Edward looks at the queen.

A beautiful young woman.

Edward is disgusted by Remedios's act but impressed by Calca's act.

"We are from another world"

Everyone was surprised to hear Edward's answer.

"Are you kidding us?"

"Would you please explain?"

"I'm sorry. Let me introduce myself first. I am Fuhrer Edward of the Empire of Hope. We came from a planet called Earth. I want to establish friendly relations with you. "

The confused look of the people in the room can be seen.

Edward decided to explain a little more.

"Those of you who didn't understand For them there are other worlds like yours and we come from one such world. We have no ulterior motive in coming here. We want to have a friendly relationship with you. A mutually cooperative relationship."

Calca was only familiar with the Demon Realm as another world. She was surprised by this.

"You mean there are more worlds like ours."

"Yes."

"But how did you come to our world?"

"This is a very complicated matter but if I can summarize it...

Before Edward could finish speaking he was interrupted by sound of bells.

At the same time, they heard the sound of several footsteps from the hallway.

“Calca-sama, please stand behind me.”

Remedios quickly drew the holy sword Safalrisia and moved up

The door opened with a pon.

“Your Majesty!”

She recognized the first man to enter the room as he shouted at the top of his voice — he was the chief of staff.

“What happened? Why are you in such a rush?”

"My Queen, Capital Under Attack"

"What?"

"How!"

Everyone in the room was so surprised.

“There was no time! Your Majesty! It’s Jaldabaoth! Jaldabaoth’s appeared inside the city! He’s begun destroying the city with many demons in tow! Also, the demihumans have made their move! It looks like they’re advancing on this place!”

“What did you say!?”

Everyone is very nervous about it

"We’ve sighted the demihuman army in the vicinity. We don’t know how they deceived our sentries, but we were fed false information! The fighting’s going to start any moment now!”

While the sudden excess of information confused her, that lasted for only a second. Calca immediately resumed her queenly demeanor and gave orders.

“While this is a great departure from our plans, we will begin combat with Jaldabaoth now. While we stall him, prepare to engage the demihuman army. Convey my orders to the adventurers!”

As she heard her subordinate’s words, the doubts in Calca’s heart flooded back again.

Had she underestimated Jaldabaoth?

Of course, she had no intention of underestimating the demon who could easily destroy the wall. But was the feeling that she could beat him a mistake in itself? Would it not have been better to fall back until they had finished learning about their enemy?

No. Calca waved away the budding weakness in her heart.

If they did not fight now, then when would they fight? While it was important to know the enemy, now was the only chance they had to strike with all their might. After this, the attrition of battle would deplete their resources, and it would become more and more difficult to muster the power they could command now.

In addition, continuously retreating until they had completed their intelligence-gathering operations was essentially permitting their country to be trampled underfoot.

If that were the case, an unimaginable number of her citizens would end up suffering.

“...I will let the smallfolk live their days in happiness, and make this a country where nobody will be hurt.”

“Indeed, Calca-sama!”

All smiles, Remedios followed up on Calca’s self-directed mutterings.

However, those were words she had spoken in the past, before she knew the truth of the world. Things being what they were now, it seemed a nigh-impossible aim to achieve.

“Hmph! He’s gotten cocky now that he’s crossed the wall, but to think he didn’t bring his demihuman army with him!” Remedios fumed angrily.

Was it really like that? No, it ought to have been that way. Yet, she could not peel away the undeniable sense that something was wrong which coiled around her heart.

“...Don’t lower your guard, okay? Is this the way you ought to be treating an opponent of such power?”

“Of course, Calca-sama! I don’t intend to be careless at all! With this holy sword, I shall relieve the demon of his head and present it to you!”

No good. I can’t calm her down any more.

That was what Calca thought, but she was not worried about her. That was because Remedios was a different person when she stepped onto the battlefield.

“Ahh~ there’s no need to bother with the head, but your loyalty makes me very happy. In that case, regarding the plan to defeat Jaldabaoth… can you buy us some time?”

“But of course. Your servant has already dispatched an advance force to carry out our plans.”

At that moment, Calca felt a dull ache in her heart. That was because carrying out that order was actually sending them out to die. The soldiers would be going out to fight Jaldabaoth, despite having no chance of victory.

One of her duties as a monarch was to trade the lives of the few for the survival of the many. Therefore, she could not weep or wail here. The soldiers were giving their lives for her, so she would need to put on a show to convince them that this was a glorious assignment.

She would have to play the part of the supreme queen, the Holy Queen who was respected above all others.

“In that case, let’s head out!”

Calca looked to Edward

"Mr. Edward, I'll talk to you later. I have to go deal with this dragon now."

"I understand that. Hopefully, we can talk later."

"hmm"

The Queen then hurried away with her entourage.

Edward looks out the window.

Screams are heard from the capital. the fire is burning

A robot that had accompanied Edward approached him

"My Fuhrer, what are your orders?"

"Wait for the right time. Besides, is it ready?"

"Yes, Fuhrer"

"Good"