I Need To Know

He stares at her for a good moment before sighing, "Yes." She could feel her heart drop, setting down the sandwich, completely losing her appetite. She stares down at her hands in her lap, giving a quiet "oh" in response. One of his hands reached out, placing them over her's, "Wait, though. I like you, a lot." "So you're picking your second choice because she doesn't want you?" "No, it's not like that." "It's starting to sound like it is like that." There was silence for a moment before Eren sighed. He removes his hand from her's, laying back onto the grass and flowers, staring up at the sky, arms and legs stretched out before him. Eren takes in a deep breathe before shutting his eyes, "This is different." The girl felt her guts twisting and turning inside of her, "How?" He shrugged, thick lashes parting to show two sets of anguished green eyes, "I've never felt this way with her. I've never felt my body light on fire. From the moment Connie first talked about you... I've been so intrigued by you. You seemed so funny, so cool, so silly, so... fascinating." She's staring down at him, eyes a little wide, a little taken aback by the now more talkative green eyed beauty. "What's there with Mikasa will never happen. No matter how much I want it, no matter how much she wants it. I don't know why. But now? That doesn't matter. Cause I finally have you here, I finally have a face to the name and I love that face. It just feels right being with you, being around you. I just can't... really place what it is. But it just feels like... I dunno, like we're two magnets, pulling to each other at these insane speeds, like all this time, we were supposed to be together. I want to be with you, I want to know even more about you. I wanna hear your voice and your laugh every second of every day, it's so intoxicating and perfect to me."

He pauses for a long time, brows furrowing as she moved to lay next to him. She stayed on her side, staring at him, observing every single quirk of his, how he moved, how his eyebrow would twitch when he spoke a bit more intensely and let his filter drop a bit. He licked his lips, brows still knitted and he finally turns on his side to face her as well, him tossing the bag between them behind him so he could get a little closer to her. "I think I'm falling in love with you." She bites her lip to suppress the smile that almost took up her entire lower face, her hand reaching up to caress his cheek, "Yeah?" He nods, eyes fluttering shut, taking deeper breaths, whispering out a "yeah". Eren pulls the girl in much closer til her face is hidden in his chest, one of his hand's placed gently behind the back of her head with the other on the small of her back, his fingertips tracing small designs against the fabric of her dress. The girl wraps her arms around his neck, shifting so she could nuzzle her face in directly below his chin, her legs moving to entwine with his, his mimicking her's.

Eren's eyes opened, fingers now playing with the other's hair. He stayed silent for a while, as did she, the two really absorbing all of what Eren just said, letting it sink in, marinating the air with something red in hue, something she wasn't entirely sure if he was serious in or if he was in fact rebounding with her. But what he said made it sound like it was not. The girl rubbed her lips together for a moment, pulling away from the long haired man, moving to sit up, his eyes following her every movement, "Eren, the sun is setting." He glanced over the hillside, squinting for a moment before looking back to her, "Yeah?" She nods, looking down for a moment, eyes flicking right back up to him, "Do you... um, would you like to come over for dinner?" His lips quirked up into a smile, "I would."

◇◇◇

She stood at the stove, stirring the pasta for the last time, Eren relaxing on the couch. She drained the pasta then set it inside both of their bowls, then adding the sauce and topping it with some shredded parmesan. She set the bowls down, Eren walking over to her to grab her hand, giving her knuckles a kiss, "Look at you, you little chef." She rolled her eyes, motioning him to sit down at her small dining table, "So," she sits opposite him, taking a sip of the tea she poured them earlier, "Why was I getting warnings about you?" Eren sighed, picking up his fork to twirl the angel hair pasta, "It mostly has to do with my brother." The girl stared at him, her eyes fixed on how he now would not look at her. She clicked her tongue, glancing down at her food, "Ya' know... I have a right to know who I'm getting involved with."