3.6

"I guess you'd rather have a star than the moon; I always overestimate you

"I guess you'd rather have a star than the moon; I always overestimate you."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Finn took a moment to absorb Elias's revelation. "I didn't cheat. When I saved her life and the babies, I bound it to myself with blood. Over about 160 years, the baby absorbed essence from surrounded by my blood. And with the baby's original father being my doppelganger, the process just flowed. I'm not sure how it happened," Elias said, his tone tinged with fear. He knew he wasn't to blame, but he wasn't sure how Finn would react.

There was a brief silence before Finn spoke up. "Don't worry, my love. I'm not angry. You did nothing wrong. It's just an unexpected turn. I never would have suspected you of having a child."

"Our child," Elias corrected. "As we're married, we're having a child. Valerie will be the child's mother, and we'll be the father. I'm not sure what to do about Stefan just yet."

Valerie reentered the room, looking fresh in sweatpants and a shirt as he said that. "I'd like to meet Stefan," she said.

"I'll call you back later, love," Elias said, ending the call.

He turned to Valerie, offering her the space to speak. "I want to let Stefan know. Before you saved me, I was planning to tell him, and I still intend to, if he's still alive."

"He is, but 170 years have passed, and his feelings for you may not be the same," Elias explained.

"I understand that, but he still deserves to know. Also, Sabrina filled me in on this new century," Valerie replied.

Elias nodded, understanding Valerie's determination to inform Stefan of the situation. "I agree. He has a right to know, regardless of how much time has passed."

Valerie took a deep breath, steeling herself for the conversation ahead. "I'll need your support when I talk to him. It won't be easy for either of us."

Elias nodded in agreement but added a stipulation before Valerie could meet Stefan. "Before you see him, I want you to spend some time adjusting to the new century. It might be overwhelming, and there's bound to be stress. So, for now, I think it's best if you stay with the Spellmans," he suggested, using a bit of psychic persuasion to ensure she agreed. With that settled, Elias bid her farewell and headed back to Mystic Falls.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A month had flown by, and Elias had everything prepared. With Kai's help, a werewolf notorious for his dark deeds, and a random vampire desiccated in his basement, he was ready to call Klaus.

Meanwhile, Rebekah had formed fast friendships with Caroline and Matt and, to Elias's surprise, even struck up a relationship with Bonnie. He couldn't help but chuckle at the turn of events, considering Rebekah's previous pursuits. Kol had his own brand of fun, tormenting Damon for crossing boundaries and ultimately compelling him to switch his emotions back on. He also arranged for Elena to donate blood twice a week through compulsion, ensuring a steady supply for Klaus.

Stefan had spent the month searching for Elias without success, as Elias had been preoccupied. However, he managed to converse with Finn, which surprisingly went well. Finn seemed to have a soft spot for him, likely due to their striking resemblance to Elias.

"Thank you, brother," Klaus said, watching Elena, the random wolf and vampire beside him. "No need to thank me, brother. Let's break your curse so I can leave this godforsaken town," replied Elias. He turned to Kai and asked, "Are you ready?" Kai nodded. "The moon has reached its apex. Let's go, Uncle Klaus," he said, pointing the moonstone towards the sky.

Planning had taken some time, but everything was set up nicely. Elias used his psychic abilities to incapacitate both Salvatore brothers, ensuring no interference. Thanks to Elias's manipulation, Elena was present in a trance-like state. He even put the whole town to sleep to prevent any disturbances. With Kai's help, he linked Elena's life to John Gilbert, her biological father, ensuring that she would come out alive.

The entire family gathered to witness Klaus finally breaking his curse. Elijah stood in his suit, exuding his usual elegance, while Kol and Rebekah bickered in the background, and Finn stood steadfastly by Klaus's side.

"Frange maledictionem suam lupum latus liberum," Kai chanted as the moon ascended. He created a ring of fire around the sacrifices, and as the ritual progressed, Klaus swiftly removed the wolf's heart, placing it into the bowl in front of Kai. He then poured his blood into the bowl, along with the vampires' blood, before ripping out their hearts. Finally, he drained the doppelganger's blood.

"I can feel it. It's happening," Klaus exclaimed, his anticipation palpable. His eyes turned yellow as his bones cracked, and he began to transform.

"Yes, yes!" Klaus cried out as his bones broke, and his form shifted into that of a large russet wolf, his eyes glowing amber before he vanished into the night.

"I'll keep an eye on him," Elijah offered. "And thank you, brother. Klaus has yearned for this moment for millennia."

Elias nodded in acknowledgment and gently lifted Elena's body, putting her in her bed and leaving.

With the curse broken and Klaus's transformation complete, Elias felt a sense of relief wash over him. Finally, there would be no more drama, deaths, or vengeful brothers to worry about. Everything had been meticulously arranged, from the stockpile of Elena's blood for Klaus's use to ensuring Elena wouldn't remember tonight's events, thus preventing any unwanted drama.

Now, the only thing left on Elias's plate was to address Valerie and his child.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃