-

-

Judie was always one to be the parent friend, always doing chores or cooking or helping out. She never took a rest and if she ever did, she would be only sleeping.

Nate was the only who noticed how Jude always overworked herself, always taking over the chores and stuff.

The abrupt presence behind Judie startled her as she was folding clothes, stopping her in her tracks. She shifted and looked back over her shoulder.

"Well, hello there, to what do I owe the visit from you?" She looked Daryl up and down as he shifted uncomfortably.

"Carol, uhm, wanted me to give you this." Daryl reached his hand out and inside his hand was a necklace, the necklace that she thought she dropped.

"Oh." Was all she said because she was at a loss for words and didn't know what else to say? Would a thank you do the trick? "Thanks." He gave a nod and began to walk away.

"Wait." Judie's voice made him stop in his tracks; he looked over his shoulder. Judie closed her eyes. "Can you help me with the clothes? Please...?"

He sighed and turned back, putting his crossbow down on the edge of the table. Judie frowned. "No weapons on the table." He glanced at her and grumbled before dropping it to the ground.

"Happy?" He narrowed his eyes at her. "Very." She smiled.

Daryl scowled but his heart did a small flip. He frowned to himself, wondering why that happened.

"Thank you for helping."

"Whatever."

-

It was the next day, and everyone was eating peacefully, Judie could feel her heart began to pound, the reason, she didn't know, she could feel a shift in the air, it was getting tensed.

Her shoulders straightened as Daryl rose from his seat, his eyes automatically connecting hers. He nodded for her to follow him to the stables.

"Ima go look for Sophia, Rick wanted you to come with me." She raised an eyebrow. "Great." She spoke. "I'll go grab a horse.

-

I watch the horses as they huffed and stared at me.

I felt slightly creeped out, hearing their hooves shuffle against the hay, as if trying to warn me about something