|Sexy Detours|

ROBERT

"Where are you taking me?" Renee asked for the millionth time since I picked her up from her apartment building.

"It's a surprise, love." I told her with a sly grin, sneaking a brief glimpse at her in my car's passenger seat.

Sporting a ponytail, Renee was dressed in a comfy pair of trousers, a tank top, and tennis shoes with holes along the borders and laces that could easily be ripped off. She looked adorable. Wrinkled brows accented her rosy skin and pink cheeks as she pouted at me.

"You're being secretive, Robert. You know how much I despise that."

"Secretive?" I repeated, and she nodded. "Darling, I'm not keeping anything from you."

"Of course you are. If you weren't, you'd have told me everything about your talk with Nicole when you came to pick me up." Her voice dropped an octave, becoming more accusatory, and I couldn't stop the laughter bubbling out of my chest.

I reached over the center console and took her hand in mine, bringing her knuckles to my lips and kissing her lightly. She glared at the touching gesture.

"Ah, the Nicole gossip. It's nothing major. Just relax. If I revealed our destination, I'd ruin the surprise. Where's the fun in that?" I asked in a low growl, my lips grazing her palm.

I could feel her shiver and saw her bite her bottom lip as she considered what to say, wanting to persuade me otherwise. Minutes later, she shook her head and released an aggravated sigh.

Pressing another kiss on the velvety skin of her knuckles before releasing them, I whispered, "Believe me, baby. I guarantee it'll be worthwhile."

She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and turning away from me as I drove through the busy streets of downtown Orlando.

"What if I don't think this is worth my time? Robert, I don't want a surprise. Please, tell me. I'm dying of curiosity! My hormones are out of control, and you're making it worse."

"Apologies. But I'm not saying anything, love. You are free to pout and huff all you want." I intoned seriously and added, "Be calm."

"Well, I can't be calm. I'll guess if you don't want to tell me where we're going."

"Damnit, woman." I hissed through my teeth and tightened my hold on the steering wheel. "Do you ever give up?"

"No, I don't. And now I'll guess and guess until you're forced to reveal this clandestine surprise you've planned."

"Ugh, Renee."

She continued, ignoring me. "Hm..." She paused. "This road is familiar to me. I don't suppose you're taking me to dinner because we've passed so many upscale restaurants."

"Are you seriously doing this?" I demanded, and in the rearview mirror, I noticed her smirk.

"Of course I am."

"You're gonna be the death of me, Renee."

"Well, if you spill your secret, I'll stop guessing."

"No way."

"Robert!" I grinned as she whined.

"I'm not taking you out to dinner. We've gone on so many food dates."

"Huh?"

"I'm doing something completely different. Aside from that, going to a restaurant would draw the paparazzi, and we wouldn't have adequate privacy."

"Yeah. And that's because we're the town's newest it couple." Renee affirmed, giggling.

"Not that privacy is a problem, though. I could buy the entire restaurant for the night, and we'd have it to ourselves." I added, and she giggled even harder.