1 | The job

"Can you hurry up? I'm hungry" Kalea nudges me telling to hurry up with my homework. "Be patient. Damn" she sighs and waits for about another five minutes until she asked again.

I finally put my stuff away and nudge my best friend and roommate, Kalea. "Holy hell. Let's go" she follows me down to get some food. "Do you know if you got the job yet?" Kalea ask pressing the button several time for the elevator.

"No but I'll find out by the end of the day or something" we step in the elevator. The doors were about to close but someone shouted for us to hold it up. I held my hand so that the doors would open again and I see the famous Kate Martin standing there, out of breath.

"Oh hey guys" here's the thing. Kate and I have gone to the same high school and Kalea knows I had a crush on her for years but I had to get over it because we went to different universities but now...I'm here.

Kalea only knows about this crush because I've been updating her everyday about it. Even though we both went to different high schools, we still knew everything that was happening in each others school.

Kate walks in and gently puts her hand on my waist, since I was in the way, and carefully moves me to the side since I was stuck there. Looking at her like a creep.

Kalea nudges my side making me snap out of it. I look over to my friend and she gives me that look like she knows.

I move to the corner and we just all stand there awkwardly. "So Kate. When's the next game?" Kalea ask breaking the silence. I shake my head at her telling her to shut up because I just know she's going to say something stupid.

"This Friday actually. Are you guys coming?" She ask stating at me looking she's praying for me to come to the game. "Oh Olivia will definitely be there" Kalea says for me. "Cool" Kate says and steps out the elevator.

I kick Kalea on the chines. "Fuck you. I was trying to help you" she glares at me and drags me out the elevator. "Help me with what?" I ask her. We turn the corner and walk down the hallway. "Help you with the Kate situation. You know...your little crush" I sigh and shake my head.

"I don't have a crush on her anymore" she looks at me dumbfounded. "And I don't like food. My ass" we soon get to the food area and I immediately see the girl with curly hair trying to annoy Jada.

"I'll get some food" Kalea leaves me alone standing there. I've decided to go talk to Gabbie since I haven't seen her in so long. We've both been busy with school and all of that.

"Hey Gabs" she turns around and her eyes go wide. "Liv!" She pulls me into a tight hug. "Oh my god. It's been too long" she says after pulling away from the hug. "You're so pretty oh my god" she examines me like she hasn't seen me in years. It's been a couple months.

"Guys! Come meet some of the girls" she drags me to a table where most of the girls on the basketball team are sitting at. "Guys. Remember the girl that I've been talking about?" Gabbie starts off making everyone stop what they're doing and stare at me.

"The girl you wouldn't stop talking about? We all thought you were dating at one point" Caitlin said peeling her orange. "Anyways. This is my best friend Olivia" I wave at the team and they all wave back and say hi.

"So this is Kate, Caitlin, Jada, Kylie, Sydney, Hannah and Ava. The others are dying somewhere else" Gabbie says as she points to every single one of the girls. I mean, I already knew all of their names already but I just let her say it again.

"Liv! They have the good donuts!" I mentally slap myself hearing Kalea's voice from behind me. "Oh and that's Kalea" Gabbie points to the girl that's walking our way.

"So Olivia. You single?" Caitlin ask out of the blue. "Uh yeah" she nudges Gabbie then eyeing Kate. "Kate is also single and ready to mingle" Gabbie adds.

"Shut up!" Kate throws a piece of bread at the girls.  I nervously laugh and slowly back away, smiling and waving goodbye. "I'll see you guys around" I tell the girls. "Look what you did! You scared her away" Kate glares at Caitlin and Gabbie.

"You coming to the game Friday?" Gabbie ask with hope in her eyes. "Yeah I'll be there" I wink at her and turn around, grabbing Lea with me and dragging us away from the group. I could hear some giggles and squeals coming from Gabbie and Caitlin.

"Honestly, I won't be surprised if you got the job and start dating Kate by the end of this month" Kalea said with her mouth full of grapes. "Not gonna happen now can we send it?" I give her puppy eyes but she shakes her head and says "we will end it there on your wedding day" oh my god.

We make our way back to our dorm and chill until I got an email.

Good afternoon,

We review your application for the photographer position of our women's basketball team and we would like to congratulate you!

If you still want the position, it is all yours. Email me if you have any questions or concerns to this position.

Thank you and welcome to the team!

"I got the job!" I shout scaring Kalea straight. "Holy, must you shout?" She clutches her chest trying to breathe. "But my bestie got the job!" She shouts and starts hugging me and kissing me all over the face. "Alright. Get off" I gently push her off of me but she doesn't budge.

"You did it! Now we get to go to the games for free and you can make that bag and buy yourself that dress you always wanted" she leans herself on me and cuddles me.

"Can you get off?" She groans but gets off of me. "We have to go tell Gabbie" she quickly stands up and grabs me by the arm. "I thought you didn't like her that much?"

"Well people change"