12 | Tension is thick

"Who do you think is going to win?" Kalea ask walking next to me. We're heading to the game and we're outside right now waiting for someone. "I'm not sure" I look around trying to find the specific type of curls.

"Who are you looking for?" Kalea ask looking around. "Mia. She's coming to the game" I then spot Mia from far away. "Oh shit really?" I nod my head and point to the curly hair coming our way. 

"Haven't see her in a while" Kalea says smiling at Mia. "Hi guys" Mia says finally reaching us. She's wearing one of Paige's jersey. If you didn't know, Paige and Mia are dating.

"Let's go in" Kalea drags us inside and we find our seats and sit down. "So how's Paige and the team?" Kalea ask Mia. "Paige is doing good so is the team" I nod and smile and watch the girls warm up.

"How's the Kate situation?" Mia then ask me. "Uh it's something" she raises an eyebrow at me waiting for an explanation that I won't be giving so Kalea gave it to her.

"They confessed their feelings to each other, then even kissed and went on like two dates then nothing really happened but they've been basically acting like a couple" I glare at my best friend.

"Wow are you guys aren't even dating yet. That's crazy" I shrug and watch Kate warm up. "Well I'll be expecting a wedding invitation from you two" Mia warns me. "Same here"

We talk for a bit until the game starts. I look around to see who's that person is that's going to be taking the photos tonight.

I look to my right and see Bryelle taking some photos. "Isn't that the girl from that restaurant?" Kalea ask pointing at her. "Yup" I watch her for a bit until she lifts her head and looks around then spots us.

She looks shocked but then waves at us with a smile on her face and we wave back.

"This should be an interesting game"

During the game, Uconn was beating us by like 2-4 points every time. Mia was cheering for both teams and so were we.

The second half of the game we were up by about 10 and we ended up wining by 5 points. Mia congratulated our team before she headed off to go see Paige while Kalea and I went to our team.

Kate was standing around and she smiled and came up to us. She was so excited that she hugged us both and gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Holy fuck" Kalea whispers beside me. It's not like we haven't kissed before...just not in front of people. "Sorry" Kate says and rushes back to the team. "No fucking way!" Kalea shouts and jumps up and down next to me.

I then get a text from Mia.

Mia Kalogeras

I saw that
Don't worry, it happened to me once with Paige and look where we are

I look up and see her smirking at us then waving goodbye walking away with Paige and Nika Mühl. "Let's just go" I drag Kalea away and we wait for the girls in another spot that's less crowded.

They soon come out and Gabbie rushes to us. Her bun was out of place looking all silly. "You saw that last three that I made!?" She shouts making Jada cover her mouth. "I did" she pulls me into and hug and jumps around with me.

What's with people and jumping around today?

"Kate! Come here!" Jada shouts trying to make Kate come over. "No I'm okay!" Kate shouts back. "Alright? What was that about?" Gabbie ask looking at Jada.

Kalea and I both side eye each other not saying anything. "I think we deserve some Starbucks" Kalea says with a huge smile. "You didn't even play" I tell her but she just shrugs.