Back On The Road

"Morning, y'all," Ash said, yawning as he made his way out of the tent, and walking over to the pond. Clemont looked over. "Morning, Ash. Go wash your face, me and Dawn are handling the breakfast." Ash laughed, as he kneeled on the edge of the river, cupping some water with his hands and refreshing his face. "Dawn, cooking? Don't make me laugh."

Dawn threw an onion at him, as he got hit in the head. "Ow!" She stood up straight, looking prideful. "I'll have you know, Clemont found my cooking pretty awesome." Clemont nodded, as Ash threw the onion back before Dawn caught it. "Okay, maybe it does smell nice," Ash added, getting a cocky smile out of the young trainer. "Where's Bonnie, though?" He asked, at the lack of the said young blonde. "She said she'd take a walk, I told her to wait but she said she'd just go up to the hill over there," Clemont pointed at a close, small hill. "It's time to eat so maybe I should go and get her."

Ash shook his head. "You and Dawn finish everything over here, I'll go get her." Pikachu quickly jumped up to his shoulder as they made their way out and onto the hill.

--------------------------

"Isn't this view pretty awesome, you two?" The blonde asked, opening up her bag's pockets, and letting the small fairy mouse and Squishy experience it. "Deden Dede!" The small mouse squeaked out, smiling as its eyes shined, watching the rising sun.

"Ahem."

"Huh?" Bonnie turned around, to see a woman with red hair and overalls approach her. "Team Flare!" She shouted out. "What are you doing here?" The woman smirked. "Just admiring the view, that's all." She joked. "I'm here to take Z-1 obviously, you brat." Bonnie gritted her teeth, closing the bag's pockets to protect Squishy and Dedenne. "Never!" The woman frowned. "As you wish."

At that, she whistled and a Houndoom came out of the bushes, saliva running down its mouth. It barked at Bonnie, which made her flinch a little, but she couldn't back down. She knew giving Squishy up would let Team Flare get what they wanted, and she couldn't allow that. "Fire Fang!" She ordered angrily as the Houndoom gritted its teeth, groaning. It roared, just before fire quickly engulfed its canine teeth. Bonnie's eyes were determined, never backing down as she spread her arms and took a forward stance, as Houndoom jumped ahead. She closed her eyes, clenching her firsts and waiting for the fire to contact her, when... "Quick Attack, protect Bonnie!"

Bonnie opened her eyes to see a glimmer of hope, as Pikachu ran ahead as fast as he could, his little yellow feet now a blur of silver as he headbutted Houndoom, throwing him quite a few meters ahead. The woman angrily turned around. "You again?" Ash stared the grunt down. "Yeah, why? Mad to see me?" She snarked. "I'll just beat you first. Houndoom, Flamethrower!"

The canine quickly rose to its feet, shaking its head off right before he broke into a run. Ash quickly looked over to Pikachu. "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"

The yellow rodent quickly charged up a disposal, staring the hungry and angry dog of fire down. Houndoom took a stance, digging its paw in as he unleashed a fiery, large but contained and concentrated jet of flames, while Pikachu did the same, taking his ground and letting it all out as he responded with his signature yellow electricity.

The attacks met in the middle, creating a decent gust of wind. "Bonnie, go back to the camp." She didn't agree. "No, I'll help you!" She said, opening up Dedenne's pouch. "Just wait until Houndoom is focused on Pikachu solely, okay? Then go nuzzle him!"

Ash didn't hear what Bonnie said to Dedenne but he sighed, as the battle seemed to kick up a notch as Houndoom ran ahead for a bite. "Iron Tail!" He counterattacked, as Pikachu's tail quickly shone silver before he jumped and struck it across the canine's mouth. "Now, Houndoom!" The woman said happily. "Flamethrower!"