chapter 68: Discussions and Bridal Chamber

The entire renaming celebration banquet was enjoyed in a harmonious atmosphere under Lin Ze’s balance.

Mainly because the news thrown out by Lin Ze hit the bull’s eye, everyone was delighted. Considering his future as a master, even if they were not happy with the meal, they had to pretend to be very happy!

Of course, nothing was absolute, and there were inevitably a few chattering mice present.

The most representative among them were naturally Chen Shuju and the people from the Zhang family. The usual custom for inviting guests to a village banquet was to invite the whole village. Considering his own reputation as a scholar, Lin Ze could not be bothered to argue with these people and leave himself a petty handle.

But Lin Ze also had a small belly, and he could not do it openly. Who didn’t know the trick of secretly picking a quarrel? He directly ordered the person serving the dishes to share these good dishes with others.

The enemy had Zhang Liang’s plan, and we also had our own ways. Since he was not comfortable in his heart, he could not let others feel at ease.

There were limits to the amount of food and meat at the banquet. The villagers who benefited from other tables were so happy that they did not have time to say anything, and quickly used their chopsticks to finish the meat first.

When the Zhang family reacted, they could only stare at the few plates of vegetarian dishes on their table, feeling frustrated.

Chen Shuju and Zhang Yinzhu did not fare well either. Although they had the advantage of sitting with Lin Sangui,so Lin Ze did not arrange for them to sit in a corner and eat vegetarian food, the combat effectiveness of the villagers at the banquet was strong. The older women and aunts at the same table had never liked them and naturally would not be polite to them.

Even before the banquet started, they were already jointly teasing each other with words. Their goal was naturally to provoke their opponents into leaving so they could eat more meat!

Moreover, everyone in the village knew about the grudge between Lin Ze and Chen Shuju, and Lin Ze was now indifferent to Zhang Yinzhu. Seeing Lin Ze’s attitude, everyone naturally became more proactive in helping those who he was unhappy with.

“Oh, Shuju, you are really lucky now. Lin Ze is getting more and more successful. He is about to open a private school. In the future, he will definitely be a prominent figure within a hundred miles. You are his ‘mother.’ It’s truly enviable…”

Although the words sounded like compliments, anyone who knew the inside story of the Lin family’s relationships knew that this was sarcasm.

Chen Shuju had never paid much attention to Lin Ze since she was young. Later, she did so many things to Lin Ze, and most importantly, she was not his birth mother. Now that Lin Ze has become successful, can Chen Shuju enjoy the fruits of his success? That was impossible!

The older women at the table did not say anything to Zhang Yinzhu out of respect for Lin Jianwen, who was currently taking the imperial examination. But the younger girls and Gers of the same age could not help but gloat.

Previously, Zhang Yinzhu relied on her good looks to flirt around the village, enchanting the young men and making their family’s men either give away their belongings or work for the Zhang family in hope of marrying her.

Everyone envied and resented her, but there was nothing they could do; after all, who wouldn’t envy someone who is beautiful?

But now, things were different. It was because the Zhang family brought this upon themselves. Originally, the marriage with Lin Ze was going well, but it ended up being changed to Lin Jianwen. After going round and round, the result was that Lin Ze had suddenly become successful and was even more loving towards his husband.