6. Lost in the woods

Y/n-

It's been a whole week of sorrow, confusion, pain and anticipation regarding what happened to Graham. The thought of him has kept me up for many nights.

Food didn't taste the same and i couldn't focus on things like I used to before and I remember I used to ask my dad a lot, you know like "what's up?"

I never asked him directly but he knew I was worried about Graham yet he wouldn't tell me anything despite being in touch with his mum.

I even called Luna but she seemed to be talking in riddles. I had no option but to wait it out and I did just that for a whole restless week.

And now here we are again, back at Graham's house. His mum is sitting in front of us right now and she tells us about how Graham is in his room while tapping her feet against the ground. She seems tensed.

What is going on? And why am I the only one not clued up on it?

My thoughts stop mid way through as I see Graham entering the living room. I start to analyze him. He's wearing a striped t shirt, his hair is in a mess but he has a small smile on his face after seeing me. I return the smile and he sits down.

"Gra, yeah ok- sit down! And did you have breakfast today?" His mum rushed him with questions.

He nodded with his adorable and awkward smile, "You are the one who fed me mum-"

"Right- it was your favorite wasn't it? I hope you liked it! " She replied.

"Yeah-"

She explained and looked over at us, "I've been doing things he likes- so he's been happy- yeah!"

There's a lot of tension in the room.

"So erm- Graham what's up? How have you been feeling?" My dad tried to break it but failed.

With the look on Graham's face I can tell that he hates everyone talking about this. He seems uncomfortable that people are so openly yet indirectly talking about his situation.

"I am fin-e." He replies.

And I can also tell that he isn't fine.

"I have also been making him go out more and get out of the house and take walks!" His mum added on.

My dad turns over to me, "Well that reminds me. You remember Mr. Stinson? We owe him a favor. I need you to take this package to him and give to him."

"Doesn't he live an hour away?" I ask.

My dad always gives me these little tasks that turn out to be big, time consuming ones.

My dad nods in a snarky way, "He lives in the next town over, the one we went to for our family picnic. That's why I told you to pay attention to the road so you'd remember the route!"

"You are telling me to drive? You are really going to trust me with that?" I raise my eyebrows.

He shrugs, "It's important and I need it delivered to him today and y/n you used to drive my car in London all the time!"

"Dad I snuck out and tried driving it once at the age of 15!"

"You've got a car license, don't be a pain." He spoke over me and handed me over his car keys.

Graham's mum chimed in, "Gra! We forgot out picnic mat on the spot. Go look for it!"

I expected Graham to deny his mum and reply grumpily saying that the mat isn't there now! Forget about it. We'll get a new one. I mean he hates going out for fucks sake.