9. Moving Day!

Y/n-

I stand by my dad's car as he loads in all the luggage that can fit in the car and for the luggage that can't fit, it's getting put into the moving truck.

He's really serious about Jane, isn't he?

The cherry flavor of the lollipop I am twiddling on spills onto my tongue as I stare back at our house with mixed feelings.

I have packed every little thing into my bags and if I could pack the whole house, I think I would.

"y/n! It's time to go!" My dad calls for me.

I nod and sit into the car with a bittersweet feeling in my heart.

and we're off.

-

Jane's house is as it was. She opens the door and greets us with a smile and all of our heavy stuff is getting put into the house. My dad and Jane together decide what goes where.

My eyes catch Graham in the background, he's stood in the kitchen, he flashes me a smile and I return it.

Then suddenly I am met with a hug from Luna and it more so felt like a surprise attack.

"Come here, I'm going to show you your new room!" She drags me somewhere before I can even get a hello.

She seems excited and I find out why when she takes me to her bedroom.

"You are moving into my room, y/n!" She explain.

I smile, "You've got a tv!" I look at it.

She nods and I throw myself on her bed then pick up the remote to turn on the TV. This is amazing. My dad isn't here to interrupt and put on the news either.

Maybe this isn't as bad as I thought it was.

I get my own tv and of course I love the company of Luna, I think we can really become best friends.

"We have to share the bathroom, I hope your not messy and- the tv has all the channels okay! We bought everything.. And y/n the last time I had a sleep over was when I was 14 with my best friend from high school, maybe we're too old but I think we need to relive that and have a sleep over too- we'd-" Luna went on about all the things we could do here.

It all sounds very exciting...

Graham's mum barges in, "Come on! We're all eating. I've made lunch for everyone!"

I share a look with Luna and walk on over to the dining room area and I am pleasantly surprised when I see a big variety of dishes laid out on the table.

"You lot eat like this everyday!? " I look at Luna.

She shrugs, "Yeah-"

"My dad is a very bad cook, Luna! This is heaven!" I say and she laughs.

She pulls out her chair and sits down.

"My mum is a great cook and Graham doesn't take after her by the way. Never ask him to make tea, he's going to wreck it- i mean before that day i didn't even know it was possible to mess up making tea!" Luna jabs at Graham.

He rolls his eyes at her, "Piss off Luna-"

I watch, listen and walk on over to sit down next to Graham. He pulls out the chair for me when he notices me. I sit down.

"Graham-"

"Y/n-"

I have a lot of things to say and I'm sure he does too. We haven't talked in a while and the last time we did, it was intense.