2.| Wet side story

I know I should have heard Mack out and tell her side of why she all of a sudden is leaving

I know I should have heard Mack out and tell her side of why she all of a sudden is leaving. I just couldn't handle why she didn't tell me sooner. Ever since being children, little girls, we would never allow secrets to contradict the truth. 'Why now wouldn't she say anything.' That is when I found myself in Mack's bed room, silently following her movements as she packed away her life. In suit cases. A trunk is open, portraits of brady and her in hand. Startled by me standing still, watching, Mack smiles sympathetically. Eyes apologetic.

" Mor. You came back. I thought I wouldn't be able to say a farewell." My mouth forms a faint smile.

" I'm so sorry I never told you. I broke the no secrets rule. I wanted to tell you but it would have been a reality I couldn't accept. Where I had to leave you behind." She places down the photo frame in a crevice, next to a lock box. My eyebrows stitch together. " I shouldn't have just walked out on you like I did, yesterday. Brady told me you and him decided, mutually, to break up. That sounded hard." Break ups were hard from evidence and movies showing how dramatic they can be. But there was love which still blossoms even after the effects of it. I can attest to the fact brady and mack still have love that is strong. It's honestly very sad.

" Here. Let me help you, Mackie." I unravel my arms, from crossing over my chest, moving to her bed lifting the lime green travel bag. I couldn't stay mad with her. She is my best friend, practically sister. I have two arms encase my neck, Mack is usually not a hugger but I might or might not have changed her views on physical contact.

This is always a cause for me to smile. I held her arm, laying my ear to her shoulder. " you need to message me when you arrive. So I know you're safe." I feel her nod, then she pulls herself away. Not trying to cry. I turn the door handle, going to roll the suitcase I had, then Mack pauses. That is where I see the familial board standing horizontally. 'Did Poppa take it down?' I thought I was crazy, seeing a yellow-ish gold gleam outline on its flower. I turn, angling my head staring in Mack's way. She copied that exact expression. 'I know the look. We are so riding that wave.'

There is no denying a storm is heading our way. Staring out in the ocean, wind whistling a synoptic sound of Thunder, swells creating an ominous emergence in wave barrels. Something tells me this might not go well. I am standing, leaning on a lifeguard stationed chair which could see out to sea. Mack, uncertain, is next to myself bouncing on her feet soles.

" Sup." Brady came to take a stand, wearing his trademark yellow rash guard swimsuit. 'Well. Then this is awkward.' Though I knew when it came to Mack, she is mature. " How'd you know I was gonna be here?" Simple. He, too, realise how predictable she is. She couldn't stay away from a once-in-a-lifetime day like this. That would be insanely out of character. I shouldn't be this nervous for an event such as what is happening. Tingles of adrenaline race in my system. " I just came to watch you, and Morgan, surf. Not to propose." Now I wouldn't complain about having the honour of being Mack's sister-in-law, the thought that brady proposing made me giggle at how he would be the most ridiculous husband. Never in our lives would or could imagine him married.