"Best Decision"

Beyoncé's P.O.V.

"Babe! My parents are home!", Reneé yelled.

It was early the next morning. Governor Rapp told me she and her wife wouldn't be back until about noon.....So why the fuck were they coming into the house at eight a.m.?!

"Oh my God! What the hell are they doing home?!"

"I don't know! But I'm going to run downstairs and pretend I just got here right before they did. That'll give you time to go get in the bed with Rumi", Reneé said.

That was actually a good idea....but would it actually work?! I sure hoped so. If not, I was about to be jobless and moving back in with my momma!

I ran into the room where Rumi was....

"Hi, Auntie. What's wrong? Why do you look scared?", she asked.

"Oh...um....I'm not scared, baby. I just wanted to see if you were woke yet", I replied with a smile. Then kissed her cheek.

"Yup! I'm woke! Are we getting ready to go?", she asked.

"Yes. Let's get ready to go", I replied.

I was going to just pretend I just woke up and didn't know Reneé was back home....I was praying hard as hell not to lose my damn job!

_____________________________

Reneé's P.O.V.

What the hell were my moms doing home so fucking early?! Can't a girl be sneaky in peace?! Ugh! The frustration was too real. I ran downstairs quickly to welcome them home though!

"Hey, momma! Hey, mom! Back so soon?!"

"Yeah....What are you doing here though, Neé Neé? Thought you were going on a road trip with a friend", my momma, Taraji, said.

"I did! I actually just got back!", I told them.

And as you all know, I was lying through my teeth! But I had to save my babe's job and also her reputation. Because fucking your girlfriend while you're on the clock is not a good look!

After I told that big fib, Beyoncé came downstairs with Rumi and Sir.....

"Oh, everyone's home! Reneé! I didn't know you made it back!", she exclaimed. Pretending to be shocked.

"Yup, I just made it back! I didn't know if you were awake yet but I was going to tell you I could watch Sir until my moms got home. But surprise! They're here!"

My moms started clapping....that was unusual....

"You two should be in somebody's movie because y'all are the best actresses I've ever seen", my mom, Fantasia said as she picked up Sir and kissed his forehead.

"We saw y'all on the cameras last night.....Reneé you were here the whole time. Not on no damn road trip", momma said.

"And Beyoncé you were supposed to sleep in one of the guest rooms, but instead, we saw you entering Reneé's room and you definitely slept in there.....", my mom added.

Shit.... All Bey and I could do was accept the fact that we were defeated! Caught! Red handed as a matter of fact! There was no way we could lie our way out of this one!

My mom, Fantasia started talking to Rumi....

"Hi, pretty girl. Listen, my wife is going to talk to your Auntie and Reneé for a little bit. Can I take you to the kitchen and give you and Sir something to eat while she does that?", my mom asked the six year old.

"Do you have kids cereal or grown ups cereal?", Rumi asked.

My mom giggled. "We have lots of kids cereal! We don't like grown ups cereal around here", my mom said.

Rumi smiled, took my mom's hand and followed her into the kitchen. Leaving her aunt and I alone with Detective Taraji!

"Ok momma, I can explain", I started.

"Yes! Please explain why I'm paying Sir's nanny to watch him while you've been here the whole night! How long have you two been involved with each other?!", she asked angrily.

"Momma, please don't be mad at Beyoncé...."

"Answer the question, Reneé...."

"Actually, before she started working for you, we met and went on a date the night before you hired her", I confessed.

"Are you fucking serious?!"

"Governor Rapp, I swear I didn't know she was your daughter. I didn't know until I saw pictures of her around the house", Beyoncé explained.

"Regardless of when and how you found out she was my daughter, you still mixed business with pleasure on my dime! It's the lying and sneaking around that's got me pissed!"

"Momma, it's not Beyoncé's fault! I convinced her to still hook up with me even though she kept saying we shouldn't because she works for you. So don't blame her, blame me", I said.

"No....I chose to be with you in spite of knowing it could cost me my job. I take full responsibility for my actions. I'll just get my niece and leave. It was nice working for you, Governor Rapp", Beyoncé stated.

"Girl, hold on! Nobody is firing you!", my momma exclaimed.

"You're not?", Beyoncé asked with a confused look on her.

"No! But there has to be some boundaries around here. You can't just be up in here having sex with my daughter while you're supposed to be taking care of my son", momma replied.

"Momma, we've never had sex here accept this one time. And Sir was asleep", I said.

"Reneé, that's not the point! Whatever y'all got going on needs to take place outside of this house because this is where you work, Beyoncé."

"Yes ma'am....please believe it'll never happen again", Beyoncé said.

"So, what are y'all anyway? Just hooking up or what?", momma asked.

"No.....we're in a relationship now", I replied.

"Mmhm....well, Beyoncé I'll go ahead and pay you for yesterday because as far as I can see you were still taking care of Sir. Just please refrain from interacting with your girlfriend while you're on the clock", momma said.

"Yes, ma'am. And thank you for not letting me go. I really need this job."

My mother nodded. Then excused herself and joined my mom and the kids in the kitchen.

"Oh my God! That was so close", I said.

"For real! I'm so glad she didn't fire my ass, babe."

"Girl, I would've moved you right up in here!", I exclaimed.

Beyoncé giggled. "Is that right?"

"You know it is. You're my future wife. You'll never lack anything you need or want as long as I'm around", I replied.

Beyoncé smiled, then kissed my lips.

"Even if I would've got fired, I wouldn't have regretted being your girl. You, are one of the best decisions I've ever made. I love you, Reneé."

"I love you more, Beyoncé...."