"Change Her Mind"

Reneé's P.O.V.

The date was January 10, 2004....A seventeen year old girl, who was raped by her music teacher, gave birth to me. Due to her religious beliefs, she decided abortion was not an option. However, she decided to allow two beautiful, kind black lesbians to adopt me. Raising me would've just been a constant reminder of my biological mom's trauma. You might be surprised to hear me say this, but I get it. And I often pray for her healing and peace.....

Anyway, my skin to skin contact after exiting my birth mom's womb was not with her, but with my mom, Fantasia. And then with my momma, Governor Taraji Rapp. Except she wasn't the govenor of Texas back then. She was the mayor of Houston and my mom, Fantasia, was and still is an attorney.

I love the fact that they recorded our skin to skin moment and also the moment they brought me home to meet my big sisters, Courtney and Sabrina. Courtney was two and Sabrina was only a year old. They were so cute and adorable. Seeing them kiss my forhead always makes me tear up whenever I watch the video. They adored their baby sister, but now they just irritate the fuck out of me! Especially Courtney because as the oldest sister she always acts like she's the third damn mom in the house. She needs to chill and stay out of my business! But don't tell her I said that because she'll beat my ass....🙄

Courtney was actually our moms' goddaughter at first. Her biological parents unfortunately parrished in a plane crash when she was nine months old. So as in most cases, godparents are supposed to raise the child if something happens to the biological parents. So that's exactly what they did.

As for Sabrina, her biological mother was just simply unfit due to alcoholism and her father wasn't present at all. She was removed from her mother's care when she was only a month old due to her alcoholic mother not caring for her properly. She was placed with our moms and was officially adopted by them a few months before her first birthday.

But check this out though....As soon as their baby girl, that would be me, turned eighteen they talked all this big shit about how they were going to do whatever they wanted now that all three of their daughters are grown. They talked about taking "kid free" vacations and all that, only to go and adopt a damn toddler! Our baby brother, Sir.

Speaking of Sir, the cute little terror ran full speed to me when I entered the mansion on a Wednesday afternoon. If you're wondering why my grown ass as well as my grown sisters are still living with our mothers, well let me show you the governor's mansion.......

 If you're wondering why my grown ass as well as my grown sisters are still living with our mothers, well let me show you the governor's mansion

Bitch, ain't nobody moving out of this lap of luxury! We're all under twenty five and in college. Even our moms said we would be dumb as fuck to move out right now. I for one will stay right here until I can afford my own mansion like this one.

I picked Sir up and kissed him all over his cute little face....While I was doing that my phone buzzed. It was Beyoncé, the woman I met on a dating app, telling me she got the job she interviewed for. I  congratulated her and asked if we could get together later that evening. I was smiling from ear to ear when she told me we could meet up for dinner around five. My mom, Fantasia, caught me smiling at my phone like an idiot and asked me what was up.