Chapter 6

They were both withered, and ancient. The man has ebony skin, with hair as black as night, made into braids. He is stocky, broad-shouldered, toned, wearing a dark purple robe, black jeans, a long-sleeved black shirt, and shoes. The woman stood, slender, pale, with snow white hair, complete contrast to the man. The woman is short as the man is tall. She is thin as the man is stocky. "This is outrageous!" Charlen screamed. I saw the Zahara, the twins, the two older couple as well as three more appear around Zal and me. I didn't know what was going on. "You know this coven is evenly split between the royal family and the council. Push us, and we will take them to our private dwelling," the male twin replied.

I saw movement all around us. I grew afraid and began to panic. "It's okay. They are with the council," Zal whispered to me assuring. I still grew worried. I was totally ruining everything for Zal. I was ruining his life. This is what I didn't want. "Zal, I'm..." I felt a soft hand on my shoulder. "Please, remain quiet while we get this under control," I heard Zahara say. I nodded, gulping. "Well, I'll say this. The human seems to know that he's just a peasant compared to us. We outrank him, surpass him! At least he seems to know his place," Charlen snapped at her son and the council.

"That's because people like you have beaten him down emotionally, and he thinks that he doesn't matter. I'm afraid that I won't allow him to continue to feel that way. He does fucking matter!" Zal snapped back. The audience chamber split into two factions. The council, and their followers and the royal family and theirs. I didn't like how both sides glowered at each other. I was the cause of a civil war between this power group. I wanted so much to apologize and beg for mercy. "Zal, I am going to create a portal via the rainbow gemstone," Zahara explained. He nodded in grim determination.

"There's one catch. We don't have Matt linked to it, and humans aren't always granted passage to ancient lands blessed by the goddess. We need a little bit of his blood," I heard her say. My heart pounded in my chest. "How much?" I squeaked. "Just a drop," she whispered. Before I could even blink, Zal punctured my palm with his fingertip, and Zahara rubbed the gemstone around in the blood. She took a little more than a drop, but she instantly healed the wound after she was done. I looked down behind me and saw the stone she held. The thing glistened like a disco ball, but of eight shades.

Red, yellow, dark blue, bright bluish white, pure white, black, gray, green. I didn't know how I could tell the difference between the two blues or whites, but you definitely could. The one was pure white, while the other was more like ice and snow. It reminded me of reminded me of a game I saw Tom play with a summon in it. Final Fantasy. The summon Shiva, had the same color outlines. The gemstone began to glow and pulsate. At first, I thought that it would explode, thinking that what she said about it not accepting a human was coming true. She sighed, relieved. "The goddess is definitely looking out for you," Zahara informed me.

Zal relaxed a little in front of me. "Zahara, if you and yours flee. You will be declared as traitors and hunted down!" Charlen declared. "I don't take orders from you. We work alongside for the betterment of the world and the coven. We follow the goddess, from the old ways to the new world. To the new ways. We follow the goddess, Selene. You are supposed to, as well. Yet, you seem a little lost, my dear." Zahara said, sounding like a disappointed mother to her child. "We don't have a lot of time," Zal whispered. "I know. I'm prepping the gemstone as we speak. We need about ten minutes," the priestess replied.

"Summon the elite guards, and the soldiers. Put them in the dungeon," Charlen ordered. Those in attendance hesitated for a second, before dashing forward, weapons held ready. Swords, bows, spears, pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, the council guards wielded the same arsenal. A few bullets were fired, four hit the walls and one hit the old woman to my right. She hissed, but mostly looked annoyed. Then all the guns jammed. I swear I saw a soft light gray light shimmer around every gun, but I was thinking it was just my imagination. They resorted to knives, swords, and bows. Zal kept spinning me around, trying to keep me out of a weapon's reach. "Zal, you can't save me," I said, voice breaking.