Chapter 5

We were walking into the house, and when we did, we were instantly greeted by maids, and they ushered us into the huge kitchen/dining room.

We ate lunch,which happened to be my favorite. grilled cheese and tomato soup.

I was doing my best, using all my manners.

"Wow, your mamma thought you right. you know your manners."

I pushed away the pain of lose from my mother.

"Thank you, I bet she's up there, smiling down on us. she'd be delighted to hear her hard work finally paid off."

I said with a smile.

Mrs. Adams smiled back.

"Oh, you should meet Jason soon. he should have been home a little while ago, but, you know, boys and their friends they love to hang out and play video games."

She rolled her eyes. that made me giggle.

She smiled at me.

"As anyone told you how beautiful your laugh is?"

I blushed. "no, but they say how I look exactly like my mom did when she was my age. they say that I inherited her personality and looks."

"Well, your mother must have been a very beautiful woman."

"She was." I smiled again.

"Ok, I'm going to call jase, see when he's coming back." sad mr. adams.

"Ok, tell us as soon as you get back." mrs.adams said.

"So, mrs. Adams, can I help around the house with cleaning or anything? I kinda have a huge OCD thing. I just clean even when everything's spotless. especially when I have nothing to do."

"That's ok, you can help if you'd like. if that's what'll make you happy. and, just call me mum."

"Ok, mrs. a-I mean, mum."

She smiled at me.

I picked up our plates, and cleaned them in the sink, dried them thoroughly, and put them away before the maids even knew we were done eating.

When they looked at me astonished, I smiled.

"Hi, I'm jacklyn. I like to clean alot, I have an OCD for it. sorry if I'm taking away your work, but, I have nothing better to do and, yeah. that's all I have."

One of the maids put her hands on my shoulders.

She smiled and nodded. "that's ok."

And she hugged me.

I hugged back, and asked her where my room is.

"Oh, let me show you to your room Señora."

"Oh, mia gracias."

"You speak Spanish?"

"Sí. I learned on my own a few years back."

"Ah. that makes sense."

"I could tell you were hispanic. by your sunny glow,and your beautiful accent."

She smiled and blushed. "oh, dear, gracias."

I smiled at her and giggled.

"Alrighty, well, this is your room."

"Ok, well, what's your name?"

"Sí, I am Martina."

"Wow, what a beautiful name."

"Oh, stop it. it's not that beautiful."