Part 75

I am driving me and Lessie to the training ground where we will meet Ella, joe and a few members of the Arsenal team and the social media team as we are doing the gender reveal. 

We park in the car park and we can see the pitch as a few people already on it setting up " do we have to do this" I chuckle as I get out of the car. " stop complaining" Alessia chuckles. We walk up to the pitch. Everyone is there waiting for us, the social media team explains how they put the cameras and what their vision is. We get into position, I stand in front of the penalty spot with Alessia next to me but far enough that she out of any danger. I place the ball on the penalty spot " wouldn't it be funny if I missed" I laugh looking at the target hanging on the right top corner. " you'll be fine" Alessia chuckles " there's a reason I never take penalties" I laugh " if you miss Issy, I'll take over" Ella shouts and we all laugh. " just go whenever your ready, Issy" the manager of socials shout. " you got this" Alessia smiles. I take a deep breath and run up to the ball, my foot connects with the ball and I watch as it smacks into the target and it explodes and the smoke comes out pink. Alessia comes up to me and kisses and hugs me " it's a girl" she smiles " you were right all along" I chuckle. We finish up and then me, Less, Ella and Joe go for something to eat for lunch and then we head back to our house as Ella and Joe are staying the night. 

Alessia is showing Ella the nursery we are currently decorating and me and Joe  are in the kitchen making some chicken and pasta. " so how are you feeling about having a girl" Joe asked as he cut up some vegetables " I mean sounds cliché but I didn't really care about the gender, as long as the baby was healthy I didn't really mind" I explain " are you nervous?" he asked " in all honesty joe, I am shitting myself" I chuckle lightly " what about" he asked " well, Alessia has this caring, kind nature, a mothers instinct. What if I don't have that" I ask more rhetorically. Joe opens his mouth to say something but Ella walks in " how long, I'm starving" she states " not long, babe" Joe smiles.  We eat dinner together and then chill for the rest of the night as Ella and joe have an early train back up to Manchester in the morning. 

  I get woken up by movement and as I open my eyes I notice it is still pitch black, I hear footsteps around the bedroom. "Less?" I say sitting up and switching my lamp on to find Alessia walking around the bedroom " you alright?" I ask " my back hurts and I can't get comfortable" she says. I reach her and rub her back as she leans over the bed. " sorry, I didn't mean to wake up, I can't leave the room as Joe and Ella are in the Livingroom" Alessia explains " Less, you don't have to explain. I am with you in every step, if you can't sleep I will stay up with you, I will massage your back if you need it" I tell her. " a back massage sounds good right now" she chuckles " lay down then, princesa" I chuckle. Alessia lays down on her front. " open your legs" I tell her " your meant to be massaging my back not my.. y'know, that's how I got pregnant in the first place" she chuckles " so I can in between your legs so I can't put pressure on the baby, idiota" I laugh and Less laughs harder. " where is it aching?" I ask " here" she point to the small of her back. I lift up her top and start massaging her point "mmm" Alessia hums making me laugh " helping?" I ask " si" she mumbles. I continue massaging Alessia's back and then I hear light snores, I chuckle and then I look at her and she her peacefully sleeping. I get back to my side and fall asleep not long after. 

The next morning Me, Less, Ella and Joe go out for breakfast and then I drive them to the train station. Around lunch time I get to the office and prep for our away game against Brighton in the youth WSL league and then I come home and pack a over night bag and shower. 

The away day was a success, we come away 3-0 winners putting us three point clear at the top of the table. By the time I get home Alessia is already in bed asleep. I watch her for a moment, her blonde hair fanned everywhere, her mouth slightly over, one hand next to her face holding her phone, typical Alessia Russo-Ramos, falling asleep with her phone in her hand. The other hand is resting on her bump, protectively. I walk up to the bed quietly and change into sleep wear and then I gently take her phone out of her hand and put it on charge as I saw it was on ten percent. I climb into bed and Alessia automatically snuggles into me and puts her head on my chest and her leg over mine. I gently kiss her forehead and she smiles. Even asleep, pregnant and five years of marriage she can still take my breath away.