First night

Atsushi pov:

After learning that Akutagawa is surprisingly really socializing and has some friends (me: Damn you sound like my father now) outside of the mafia, we talked for a while and then called Daiki and went home.

After we got home, Akutagawa asked me if I was going to look after Daiki and that he would make dinner in the meantime, to which I nodded. I went to the living room with Daiki and noticed that he was sleepy, so I tried to talk to him so he wouldn't fall asleep because dinner would probably be in a while. And I was right. Dinner was ready after a while, so I picked Daiki up and sat him on a chair.

This time I will 100% leave feeding Daiki to Akutagawa. After all, he can do it much better than I.

Dinner went smoothly. I had a great view of Akutagawa feeding Daiki, who didn't even notice that I was looking at Akutagawa, so he didn't do any mischief.

After dinner I offered to clean up, to which he agreed and said he was going to put Daiki to bed. As I finished washing the dishes I heard soft footsteps and smiled knowing who it was.

"He fell asleep in no time. " Akutagawa said with a soft smile.

It felt like we were two parents who had been taking care of their child all day and now they finally had time for themselves and the only thing I wanted to do now was jump on him.

"And I should also tell you that he likes to wake up at midnight, so be prepared." He said and I just nodded.

"You can take a bath first. Anyway, I wanted to unpack a little more and look around to get a better overview." I said and before he could open his mouth again to protest I cut him off "And I'm not taking no for an answer.", I looked at him and he just nodded and thanked me.

When he came out of the bathroom less than two minutes later in a bright, white, long nightgown and had to wake me up from my trance again, this time with a bloody nose, I was surprised. 'I thought omegas loved long baths and taking care of themself ? How come it took him so little time?' I thought and before I could stop myself I asked.

"How come it took you so little time?" I said without thinking. When I finally realized what I said and wanted to apologize, he spoke.

"I don't like baths" he said and looked me straight in the eyes.

I recognized that there was a deeper reason, so I took the risk and asked. Well, when else would I have this opportunity when he is so open to me now. "Why ? "

"It makes me feel weak and vulnerable." He said and then looked at the floor.

I wanted to ask why when it occurred to my stupid brain. ' His ability is Rashomon, which is clothing control. He's completely vulnerable when he's in the bath because he's not wearing any clothes and he can't defend himself. But there is no one else here, no one to hurt or interrupt him . Who the hell did this to him? ' I thought as I came to the second realization ' Damn dazai !!! When you get back I'll make sure you do your own work!!! '

I moved closer to him and put a finger under his chin and lifted it up and smiled. "Take as much time as you want, I'm here so you don't have to worry, no one will hurt you. I'll protect you." I said and watched his face turn completely red. I then saw him close his eyes and let out a soft 'Tsk' before opening them again and saying "Stupid Jinko. Stop it and go take a bath, you smell like a stray cat. "He said and started walking towards his room with silent curses trying to stop himself from blushing.

But then he suddenly stopped and said "Good night Jinko..." and went to his room to sleep.

I stood there for at least one full minute staring at the same place where he was standing a moment ago.

Then I smiled and went to take my pajamas to take a bath.

Then, as I walked past Akutagawa's room, I couldn't help but peek inside. I saw him sleeping curled up in a ball, covered with a duvet while he was hugging a blanket that he probably brought from home.

My smile only widened and I said rather quietly. "Good night Akutagawa..." and I went to my room to sleep.

Akutagawa pov:

After I laid down in bed, covered myself with a duvet and hugged one of my favorite blankets, I could only think about what happened a moment ago. But then I heard footsteps around my room and the door ajar, so I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. After a while all I heard was "Good night Akutagawa..." and gradually quieting steps.

Then I opened my eyes and sighed. ' I'm a light sleeper, so I hope Jinko isn't sleepwalking ' I thought and gradually surrendered to sleep.

~00:30~

I was woken up by a loud baby crying. I just sighed and went to check on Daiki. When I came to him and asked him what happened, he started saying something like "T-There was a- a bugger - !! " I started trying to calm him down with the words "He doesn't exist" and "I'll protect you", which after some time started to work and I finally put him back to sleep.

But on the way back to the room I realized something. ' How come Jinko isn't awake?' I thought and went to his room to see if everything was okay.

And of course it was. He just lays there and has the best sleep of his life. 'As if this didn't wake him up, nothing else will either.' I thought and then got lost in his quiet snoring and his peaceful sleeping face.

When I realized what I was doing, I just shook my head and went back to sleep.

'If Daiki's crying doesn't wake him up, I'll have to get up every time.' I thought before falling asleep again.

~In the Morning~

"Good morning!" Atsushi exclaimed. Even though nothing woke him up last night, he got up pretty early this morning.

"Good morning Jinko..." I said rather sleepily and sat down at the table. I know that he was awake early because his loud footsteps woke me up. It's still early in the morning so we let Daiki sleep. Thank god Daiki slept the rest of the night.

"Did you sleep well? You look rather sleepy..." He said looking at me worriedly.

...

~Next Time~

Thank you for reading this chapter and goodbye 😘.