30

craig's pov
shits been tense with the change in leadership. not between her and smurf. but baz and all of us. baz doesn't even know about the change in power of attorney. and when he finds out...shits going to go sideways. very fucking sideways. Baz has been looking into catherine's 'disappearance' she's scoped a church job. it's legit. her and smurf are closer than ever. which is worrying but relieving all the same.

we walk in after the taco truck job. i ask "you hit?" seeing blood on her. she shakes her head "just a scratch. most of it ain't mine too" my heart stops "what? let me see Lia" pope asks "she been hit?" she says sitting "no. it's just a scratch" "what's just a scratch baby" smurf asks. she sighs and rolls up her pants. it's a graze. i curse "fuck baby" she says "i'm fine" i shake my head "it's deep princess" she kisses me "it doesn't even hurt much craig" as smurf fixes her leg up. oh nicky is back and staying here. but my girl scared the bitch shitless so she avoids us like the plague. good. she almost cost me my fucking relationship. deran comes over "can we talk sis?" she grins and he helps her up and they head outside to the tables sitting together. i wonder what the fuck that's all about?

dahlias pov
i ask taking a seat with his help "what's this about D? is everything okay?" he says "i need money" sitting opposite of me. i ask "how much?" "i know that we need to pull a job but any bit of money would really help. i'll even go scout one if need be and-" i grab his hand "how much do you need?" he says "50k" i nod "got it" "just like that? not going to ask what i need it for?" he asks incredulously. i reply "you're my brother D. been through hell and back for and with you. i trust you. and i trust that whatever you need this cash for isn't going to fuck us. only thing i gotta ask is...are you in trouble?" looking at him and he shakes his head "no. no trouble...i wanna buy a bar" and he tells me where. i smile "good on you. you do know you need a liquor license and other shit right?" he curses "shit" i pat his arm "you'll be fine D. if you can't get it on your own. i'll handle it for you" he says "i'll pay you back every penny Lia" i chuckle and approach and kiss his head softly "don't worry bout it. consider it a very early birthday gift" walking inside to my safe "what are you doing?" it's nicky. i roll my eyes "minding my business nicky" "i want in on a job" she says. i give her a look "you don't even know what you're asking for. what it means to be out there. you don't have the fucking straight head on your shoulders either kid. stay a kid and leave the jobs to us" blocking her view to the keypad and i open it and take out the cash putting it in an envelope. it's all my money in here. i've saved up all these years and my full cut from that army base job and my full cuts of previous ones too. i'll tell him obviously. she asks "what are you getting? a few cars?" i roll my eyes annoyed by her existence "why the fuck would i talk to you after you hurt J by saying you fucked MY boyfriend? you're only still here because Smurf allows it. if it were up to me you'd be in fucking guam with your bitch father"

"ma?" he asks. i tell my son "hey baby" kissing his forehead he asks "why are you walking around? you just got hurt" helping me as i limp slightly. i wave him off "im fine. just gotta give this to deran" he asks quietly "why are you giving deran a envelope of cash?" i kiss his head "nothing serious J. promise" seeing the worry in his eyes. i head out and give Deran the money. he stands and hugs me "thank you so much sis." i nod and take his hands "now go and finally get something of your own D. don't let anyone take it from you little brother" he kisses my head "do you really think i can do this?" i nod "i know you can D. now go, close your deal" stroking his hair and he smiles and heads out and i take a seat. craig announces his presence "if i didn't know he likes dick i'd think you're cheating on me babe" i laugh "shut up" he asks me "what had him so giddy to leave here? and with an envelope?"

i say "don't say anything until he does?" he nods "you know everything you say to me stays between us unless you decide otherwise" "deran wants to open a bar. with the shit jobs we've been running into...he needed the money to do so. so i gave him the money" i tell him and he says "you spoil them. him and J" "D is my little brother and J is my son. of course im going to spoil them" i tell him.

he replies "you used to buy him everything he set those eyes on because he deserved the best" i kiss him "i do the same to you babe" he smiles "i know. we're lucky as shit to have you baby" kissing me deeper. he asks "how much?" "50k" i reply. he says "coulda asked for help with that from me. from pope too. we woulda loved to help" stroking my face as i curl into his side watching the pool. i say "he didn't want everyone to know he was trying until he actually got it. and it's his. came to me knowing i'd help in a heartbeat and had the means to do so right now" smurfs been cutting from the top of jobs for years. knowing the guys won't save shit. hence their allowances.

he nods and says "you're too good for us Lia" i say "i owe this and so much more to you guys for being here for me when no one else was. when i wasn't even showing up for myself you guys were here. i love you" stroking his hair he grins "i love you. i'd do it all over again if given the chance" kissing me softly.