33

Dahlias pov
here J and i are in the vents and he curses i look back at him and he says "legs stuck ma" i curse and try and pull it and realize the metals in his skin. shit. i say "it's going to hurt a bit baby. i'll check on it when we get home" he nods and i climb over him and pull his leg off of the metal and we continue. we land in the room and i ask him my hands on his face "are you okay?" worried and he hugs me "im alright. let's get this over with" i nod and we start to spray down the room to get the safe. and we do. we get out and i turn my phone on to see missed calls from smurf. fuck. i sit J down as the boys break the safe open with a crane. i call smurf "i need help. a job" fuck. i walk away to my trunk and get my first aid kit "i said the next and last body i drop would be Baz's. i'm done with that smurf" she says "Javi knows" javi's dad was one of my first bodies. fuck. i curse "what do you mean he knows?" "i mean he said he knows and wants 300k as a payment. you control everything now Dahlia. it won't stop at the 300k and we both know it. he's going to continue to threaten its best you take him out now" fuck. i say "we can find another way. Javi...we all grew up together" "and yet you killed his dad" she points out. i pinch the bridge of my nose "because you told me to. said we didn't have a choice smurf" "and you don't have one now. he's just gonna continue to juice us for money because of his father. you have to kill those who would oppose you. kill those who would think something like this is okay" she tells me. i sigh "i promised i wouldnt" to craig. "craig won't have to know" she tells me. "give him the money. if he continues for more then we'll talk again" "you sure about this baby?" she asks and i nod "yeah" and she hangs up. i grab the bag now anxious and head to J and patch him up. we all head home for the night and craig asks kissing at my neck "what was the call?" "smurf just checking in" i say and go to leave "where are you going?" he asks his eyes worried. "just need to clear my head. i'll be back in 30" kissing him softly and heading to my place that i don't even stay at. i walk in "you can come out Javi"

he does and says "you killed my father. and then acted like you were my friend. i loved you" his eyes lining with betrayal. i tell him "you never knew me well enough to love me. you loved the thought of me javi. and as for your father...i had no choice" "why? because smurf asked you to off him?" he asks. i say "what?" "i know you killed him. but it was smurfs order. isn't it always her order dahlia?" he asks stroking my face and i move away "you have 30 minutes to talk before craig comes trying to search for me javi what do you want?" "300k for my dads death and you to make it worth my while" he says. i roll my eyes "i'm a taken woman and you're not my type javi" "craig doesn't deserve you" he says and adds "he's a drug-"

i cut him off "so was i and we're going through being clean together. craig is my love javi. he has every bit of it. take the money when we have it. and leave it at that" he says "i love you" "you don't know me. not any more javi." i say and he begs "please" "javi no" and he kisses me harshly. i push him away and he makes my lip bleed from biting it "just for a night and you'll never see me again" he begs as my lip bleeds. i say "not a chance" he begs "please" and i refuse again and he attacks me. a crazed look in his eye. i get flashbacks from baz and his assault. and i push him off of me and put a gun to his head "never touch me again. ever. leave and meet with smurf about the money. okay?! that's all you're getting from me" he nods surrendering "dahlia im sorry" and leaves. i go back home and pour a whiskey wincing at the cut on my lip. "the fuck happened?!" andy asks coming over moving my face to see "it's nothing" "this ain't nothing lia! someone fucking hit you." he snaps. and craig asks "the fuck is going on?!" shit.