☾︎𝖲𝗂𝗑❣︎

~Lucille~

My life has always been plain. Too plain and simple and monotone.

Nothing intriguing or changing had ever happened to me, nothing fazed me or effected me, and yet when this boy appeared in my life, everything turned upside down.

Well not literally, but internally, my feelings and emotions were short-circuiting.

Going into overdrive.

I don't know what's so different about him, or his sparkling eyes, or his dazzling smile when he's talking to the staff, or his efforts to ace the projects.

I really don't know what's so special about him that my once so dead heart only longed to see him, admire him, without my mind's knowledge.

I often found myself peeking at him through the glass of his personal room as he laughed and shared his lunch with Elena.

Something burned in my chest seeing them, and I felt an ache, as if the burning would only suffice if I was the one he's sharing his lunch with.

Why?

Also the fact that he didn't fear me, even talked back to me when I knew I've gone overboard, his daunting eyes staring at me till I deflated, it all made me swoon.

My heart—which I thought had died long ago—tingled and gave off a fuzzy feeling.

This feeling only heightened when it's near Daryian.

It only wanted to be in presence of him. Witness his smile, be a part of his daily life.

Why did I feel like this around him? Was it because I've been alone for so long? No one to share and care- it could be the reason my emotions were behaving weirdly around Daryian.

For the past few months, he's been the closest to a family I've ever had. After Lia, my house-help.

Well, I'm talking about really family.

Because my brother was nothing but a taint in the name of family. He's only after my money.

Dad had signed all of his properties under my name, he's seen my capability when he was alive and given me his all to take care of.

As soon as dad died, Frank was after the money. He only had a small café under his name on the Will, and he was not satisfied with that.

But no way in hell, he'd ever get his filthy hands on my babies.

I've grown these companies all with my own hands and he'd definitely ruin them if he got his hands on them. I'd never allow that. Not even in my death.

Now back to Daryian.

The feelings I felt around him were way stronger than anything I've ever felt and slowly I'm starting to get a hang of them. I'm getting used to feeling this strongly about him.

That day at the elevator, seeing him so distraught and vulnerable, brought out something in me, something unknown yet familiar.

I felt the urge to comfort him, help him like it was my second nature. Like something from within just pulled me towards him, and I did something I had stopped doing since dad died.

I hugged him.

Having him in my arms, it felt like he belonged right here. In my arms. His face buried in my neck, hand gripping my shirt and his uneven breaths hitting my skin, it felt heavenly.

I realized I longed for this.

This bonding with someone, to share my heart's rhythm with someone, to have someone to call my own.