☾︎𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖳𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾❣︎

~Daryian~

We arrived at the hotel where the party was held.

It wasn't supposed to be anything grand but since they had invited office people to announce their engagement, Nate and Maria wanted to do it a little grandly.

Giving the keys the to the valet, Lucille and I linked arms, walking inside the foyer to the hall where the party had started in full blast.

"Dary! Over here!" We heard Nate call and went over there to greet the couple.

"Maria! Happy birthday." I briefly hugged her while congratulating.

"Thank you. I'm so glad you two could make it." She smiled.

"Happy birthday, and congratulations on your engagement." Lucille shook hands with her.

"Thanks a lot. It still feels unreal to have found this idiot as my soulmate." She looked lovingly at Nate and they shared a small kiss.

"Stop with this lovey-dovey shit now." I grumbled playfully.

"Oh, so it's okay when you two do it, huh?" Nate narrowed his eyes, pinching my side.

"Oww! Dude, stop. You're ruining my look." I whined, Lucille laughed and helped smooth out my shirt.

"You're perfect." She whispered, causing me to blush softly.

"Thanks." I murmured.

"Hypocrites." Nate grumbled under his breath, I only stuck my tongue out at him.

"Where's James though?" Maria asked.

"I told him I'd pick him up but he said he was perfectly capable of handling himself." Nate complained.

"Hopefully he doesn't get lost." I worried, James had this habit of getting lost going to new places on his own—no matter how near the place was.

"Dary, Lucille, please have something to drink, we'll go and greet the others."

"Of course." Lucille smiled and they went over to welcome the other guests.

"What would you like?" I asked, like a true gentleman.

Lucille pondered for a little then decided on martini so I went to the bar to get us drinks.

Glancing back, I noticed Lucille talking to some man. Did they know each other? The way the man was so casually talking as if he'd known her for a long time.

As I ordered drinks for us, there was light music coming from behind, I turned back to see that man offering his hand to Lucille for dancing.

My blood boiled.

"Guess your girl's giving her first dance to some other man." The tender's voice caused my head to snap at him.

I was surprised to see Kyle there.

"Kyle, hey!" I put out my fist for a bump, which he returned.

"Hey, Daryian, right?"

"Yeah, and it's fine. I can have all of her dances for the rest of our lives." I said, but the hint of sadness was evident in my tone.

"You got a keeper, dude. She just denied that man."

I turned back to see Lucille now moved onto talking to some other woman.

I hadn't realize I was smiling till Kyle snickered at my love-struck face.

"Shut up." I tried to grumble but ended up laughing along.

"By the way where's that handsome friend of yours?" He asked, a tentative uncertainty in his voice.

"He's supposed to be here by now. I wonder if he got lost or something. He can never find ways on his own and is too stubborn to let us lend him a lift."