☾︎𝖤𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍❣︎

~Daryian~

As usual James decided on a scary movie.

I hated scary movies because of the jump scares. But I didn't want to look like a chicken in front of Lucille so I agreed, half heartedly.

On the other end of the couch was Nate and Maria all cuddled up, James has taken the rycliner while Lucille and I have occupied a small space on the couch, trying not to touch but all my heart wanted was to have our arms brush.

James didn't even take half an hour to pass out with popcorn still in his half opened mouth. Gross.

It's a routine now. James being the most excited one for a sleepover and then being the first one to fall asleep.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Nate kissing Maria, and my body stiffened.

I have never felt this awkward with anyone ever.

I didn't know if Lucille could see them since she's on the other side of me, but still.

I could even hear noises and quickly raised the volume of the movie to drown out their kissing sounds.

God! I wanna die!

This was so embarrassing.

On the other hand my heart's not helping at all as it realized how close Lucille was sitting next to me.

Our knees were brushing and I could feel the tickle of her hair hitting my skin as it blew.

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, I loved the scent of her shampoo.

When I opened my eyes, right in my face, the clown popped up and I screamed—not so manly—and unintentionally grabbed Lucille's arm.

"Sorry." I mumbled and turned to face her only to acknowledge how close our faces were.

She didn't take her gaze away from mine as our eyes locked, my hand still gripping hers as I took rapid breaths.

"It's okay." Lucille whispered, her unwavering gaze flickering from my eyes down to my lips, and I sucked in a breath.

I retreated my hand and attempted to pull back but Lucille took my hand back, stopping me from moving away from her.

"What?" I stuttered, blinking quickly and trying ease my pounding heart.

Lucille seemed so relaxed comparing to the panic bubbling inside me. My hand shook in her grip and without my mind's knowing, I started to lean in.

I felt her breath fanning over my face, an alluring scent of mint entered my nose and my eyes fell close.

"What?! What happened?! Who died?! What happened?!?"

We jolted apart.

James. Fuck James.

He probably had a dream or something.

After ruining our almost dreamy ambience, he fell back to sleep.

Even Nate and Maria seemed flustered, not to mention my own panting breath and raced heartbeat.

"Uh-guys, we'll head to bed now." Nate said.

"Goodnight." I waved.

They went up to the guest room for the night.

I felt even more awkward knowing what they're gonna do inside the room now.

"Just remember mom's home!" I whisper-yelled and Nate gave me the middle finger while ascending upstairs.

Chuckling, I focusd back on the movie.